• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Fenchurch's stronghold... er.. enclosure.

drzebra

Juvenile Dragon
How does this setup look? Just for reference, the fluorescent tube is NOT a UVB tube. It's just the crap light that came with the fixture. A decent tube at a fair price has proven irritatingly difficult to obtain in this city of over 100,000 people with several stores that sell beardies. (Best shot was Petco, but I'm *NOT* shelling out $40 for a Zilla Desert 50!) A ReptiSun 10.0 T8 24 inch tube has been ordered, but it won't be here for about a week. So, Fenchurch is unfortunately going to have to make do with the CFE UVB bulb in the fixture atop the screen.

Cool side is dark, I know. I'll change that when the new tube comes - it'll free up a fixture to put a normal household bulb in to light that place up a bit.

What do y'all think?

20140824_173041.jpg

misskatie

Juvenile Dragon
Those lights are soooooo expensive I have for my females setup one of the all in one lightbulbs and those are like $65 it's ridiculous how much they are charging for a light bulb when it probably costed them less than $1 to make

DanielE

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I like the setup.

As fir the lights the cost is ridiculous. Supply and demand is something that goes out the door when its something you NEED just like doctors and medicine... but ill leave that rant off there lol.
At least you dont have to replace them too often...

drzebra

Juvenile Dragon
What galls me more than anything is the lack of supply. My favorite pet shop in town sells bearded dragons and has very reasonable prices. And has plenty of ReptiSun 5.0 tubes in stock. But they can't get a 10.0 until Friday at the earliest. Petsmart says that I can order them online and that their stores in larger markets (like Nashville) carry them. But I'm not going to order them at $40+ online from Petsmart when I can get them from Amazon or Drs. Foster and Smith or Big Apple Herp or Pet Mountain or anywhere else for $25 or less.

How do these places stay in business?

drzebra

Juvenile Dragon
Fenchurch loves that hammock. I think she's just on the cool side there because that's where her hammock used to be. I swapped the tank layout around because that side was getting a little draft from the air conditioner and causing some temperature swing that I didn't care for.

Latest posts