• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Femoral pores

Byron0526

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey guys,
I just wanted some feed back I was realizing my bearded dragon femoral pores were kinda bad so I gave him a bath and was able to remove a few but one of them was really hard to get out. I wasn’t able to because I feel like I was hurting him more than helping him. It’s some what red right now but I just wanted some intake on what I can do if there’s anything to do for the redness I see and or for any pain if he feels any. Please give me some feedback about this. Thank you!!

Attachments

• 91C04B3C-05F2-455B-A162-BF9064BA4404.jpeg
    91C04B3C-05F2-455B-A162-BF9064BA4404.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 6

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey guys,
I just wanted some feed back I was realizing my bearded dragon femoral pores were kinda bad so I gave him a bath and was able to remove a few but one of them was really hard to get out. I wasn’t able to because I feel like I was hurting him more than helping him. It’s some what red right now but I just wanted some intake on what I can do if there’s anything to do for the redness I see and or for any pain if he feels any. Please give me some feedback about this. Thank you!!
Soaking him in a warm bath w/ some betadine make the water look like a weak tea the next time he needs it but if you got one thats red and sore do not do that now the betadine will burn him - keep an eye on it I am not exactly sure what an infected pore looks like I did google it to see and those were pretty bad his doesnt look bad -- you can also take some coconut oil and rub on the pores when they get waxy again and that will soften the pore up so you can gently squeeze the pore and it should come out - keep putting the oil on it till they are nice and soft

Latest posts