• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Female Beardie retaining one egg?

JSTN99

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
My Female Bearded Dragon just laid 21 eggs but after pulling her out I can feel one egg still inside her. I gave her a warm bath and put her back in the lay box for 48 hours and nothing so far. She is still refusing food and am wondering if what to do next? Is this common or should I have her seen by a vet to determine how she can pass the last egg.

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
If she cant pass it on her own you need to get her to the vet. You dont want it to break inside her. Hopefully one of the resident breeders on here have some suggestions though on how to help her without having to go to the vet. I dont know of any tricks other than what you did.

TheWolfmanTom

Dragon Breeder
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It may be an organ your feeling.
Soak her for a good 15 to 20 min for the next few days, and if you get poop your good.

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Tom..got a question. So if she can poop there isn't an egg, am I understanding that right?

JSTN99

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Thank god just another bath did the trick! She just laid her final egg 3 days after the clutch was laid. Maybe could have been dehydration or just exhaustion. She was refusing food about a week before I noticed the eggs developing inside her. The baths seemed to help though whatever was causing her complications. It was her first clutch (mine as well with bearded dragons). I've seperated her from the male and was wondering if I should keep them seperated until summer or longer. They've been housed together since hatchlings(from different lines) and seem to enjoy eachothers company but I definitely don't want her to recover with the least amount of stress possible. I've read about them having a second clutch 3 to 4 weeks after the first. Is this true? Do they hold enough from the first copulation to fertilize 2 clutches? Thanks for you help

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Sounds good Tom. I just hadn't heard that.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You should not house them together. They should only be put together when breeding. She will lay a few clutches from just one breeding. If you leave them together all the time you run the chance of over breeding and causing health problems in your female. There is also the chances of dominance issues can occur at anytime.

Latest posts