• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Feeding

Jbab

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hi all. I have just been reading about feeding on here and have read about a jar feeding method?? How is this done and what size is the jar and do the BD go into another enclosure to do so. Poor Buddy doesn't seem interested in food at all at the mo although hopefull this is cos he has only been with me a week and we are both still adapting. I thought I would give some other methods a go as he won't take food from me if I gentle rub/put under his nose (if that makes sense?!). He also won't eat greens of any description yet. He is approx 7 months old.

I don't mind how I feed him as long as there is no way the hopping variety can escape into the house lol!! Worms, snakes, lizards, fluffy animals I love but spiders and anything that can hop at me is just way too scary!! Hubby and 8 year daughter have to do the hoppers lol

I really am a newbie so step by step info on trying different ways would be great.

Thanks also for help with my other posts. I WILL get to grips with this although will feel much happier when he eats and poops (not pooped for 2 days now).

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi,

I feed mine from a jar. Mainly because when I got her she was aggressive. Secondly the glass sides also helps keep the crickets contained and feeding from the jar means no live food in the VIV ever.
My VIV has a fake rock background and fake plants and rocks and sticks/branches, so I would have a terrible time trying to catch live feeders if I fed her inside the VIV with no jar.

I would shove the crickets in the jar, add the calcium, shake and hold the jar at an angle so she could see in, and see the crickets move.

The jar used to be an old mayonnaise one, just large enough for her to be able to crawl in, but I have had to replace it with a bigger one as she has grown too much and cant fit anymore LOL.

SNC00575.jpg

http://s863.photobucket.com/albums/ab198/gogga_2010/Pogies Album/?action=view&current=SNC00523.flv

Jbab

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Cool photo!! Showed my hubby and mentioned about the tiles - he nearly had a fit at the thoughf of cutting them to put in the viv lol!!! He really isn't keen on Buddy at all - The poor chap just has no taste in animals!!!

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
my husband could care less about my dragons...I am surprised he can tell the tail from the head. When I tell him I am going to do something to the vivs he says, whatever, how much is this going to cost this time? The vet called to see how Slyder was doing and he told them he had no idea other than he remembered me saying her poop liked a tiny bit better, its alive so it must be ok, but would tell me they called. Men...what can you do?

Jbab

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
LOL!!!! I have now managed to get him to 'stroke' his head!

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
LOL, all this is sooo true

Pogie was supposed to be my husbands.... Nagged me for 3 months non stop, so I gave in and said "Its yours, I dont want a freakin lizzard thing" he said . . . fine.

Well, to make a long story short, to date he has NEVER held her/fed her or anything..... LOL,
AND I love her to bits...
Shes off limits to him, NOW SHES ALL MINE
000203F4.gif

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He held Slyder the first couple of days we had her but now he doesn't mess with her. She doesn't like anyone but me and when he does try to hold her she stiffens up then jumps out of his hands to me so he does not even bother anymore. As for Oscar, I don't think has ever held him, he does get his bowl for me if I ask and puts it back.

Latest posts