• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Feeding times

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
0002048D.gif

I read hat you shouldnt feed your BD the 1st 2 hours after the lights come on so they can get warmed up and then again NOT 2 hours before the lights go out.

I get the first one and it makes sense, but the evening feeding, till how long before lights out can you really still feed them.

See, I forgot to take Pogies salad out at 18H00 and she just (18H40) went to town in it. LOL Will it affect her negatively?

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Nope. I would try to get them out just to get into the habit, but the two hour is really geared to live food. But, I wouldn't make it a habit to give even greens after the 2 hour limit. It is still food that needs to digested, but just not as important as for live food.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
you really like your little graphics LOL

Yeah, Like I said in my other thread, I'm a Photographer, and thus very visually inclined . . . LOVE graphics, is it too much?

Nope. I would try to get them out just to get into the habit, but the two hour is really geared to live food. But, I wouldn't make it a habit to give even greens after the 2 hour limit. It is still food that needs to digested, but just not as important as for live food.
Thanx, as I got up to remove her salad, she looked at me and dashed for it and gobbled some, all the while looking at me saying "Whatcha gonna do about it heah?" So I let her finish and took it out.

This is the first time its happened, was just worried shed get sick or something.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Now for my Question I mentioned in the
Soaking, Is It Really As Good As People Claim?
Thread

I'm feeding Butternut and Green beans daily. Adding one of the following

Cactus pad
Endive
Rockette
Swiss Chard

She seems only to eat a lot of salad when I do the mix with the endive. The rockette one she wont touch. But we dont get many green leaves here. Most popular is Swiss chard, then Rockette and once in a blue moon Endive.

What we do get a lot of is stuff with high water content according to me like Patty pans, baby marrows, Red bell peppers etc....

Her poop is very loose, not smelly (Like really bad, just stinks like poo. Once I clean it the smells gone). No undigested parts of crics. Has orangy/greeny colour (Guess because of colour of veggies) Theres also water coming out with the poop. Can this be caused by the water content of the Butternut/green bean combo. I also mist daily and bath her weekly.

If it is that, do you think I should try rose petals rather and these flowers

images

images

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I don't think your using too many graphic...I was just picking with you

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
No to roses, Monique , and yes to the pictured others.. You'll find dragons will tear those apart happily !
Janie

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
000201F9.gif

will get the hibiscus flowers then.

When feeding leafy greens/flowers, must it also be chopped up to be smaller than the space between the eyes?

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Not really... Dragons teeth will tear those leaves and flowers apart..But it does make for easier eating, if you do.
Hope this helps !
Janie

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It does,

It took me forever to firstly chop it up, gets all bruised. And secondly to remove the bigger pieces.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I tear mine.... Works better, though more time consuming.
Less bruising too, for some odd reason.
Janie

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Will try tearing.

Thing is I got long nails and found it difficult to tear small enough, but now that that isnt a problem anymore I think it just might work

This is for you for being so helpfull since I joined the site... (Got the link from Li, but this one just caught my eye immediately) Thanx Li

490853w4x8a95fp0.gif

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Great pic...I hope you are enjoying the site!

One thing with the greens/flowers, etc. If you are feeding something that is hard like peppers and such, I would still recommend making sure they are smaller than the size between their eyes. All the other leafy stuff, it doesn't have to be. Just use your common sense. You don't want to put a whole leaf of swiss chard in there. Just pulling apart like Janie said is fine.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yeah,

Got one of those chopper thingies that I use for the veggies, can chop coarse or fine, I chop hers till its like sea sand texture. The leave I also tried to chop as fine, but will try the tearing thing, recon 2x2 cm pieces will be OK, for her

Latest posts