• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Feeding schedule

Reaper

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
When is the best time to feed Beardies crickets? Mine are about 3 and 4 months old. I will usually leave a water dish with chopped dandelion leaves in it during the day.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
For those guys, at least an hour after lights on and temps are stable for basking (around 105-110*F) and at least an hour Before lights off, again, for proper basking temps.
They will benefit most from at least 2-3 feedings daily, spaced out at least 2 hours apart.. There is also nothing saying you can't adjust your lighting schedule, to best reflect your work schedule, to allow you to offer those feedings once you get home from work either.
You can place the salad, before you go into work, lights can come on, say 9 am.. you get home around say 6 pm offer insects, and again at 8 pm, and that will leave one hour for digestion. That is purely an example... You can use a timer to turn the lights on and off, on any schedule, so you can best get those feedings and basking time in.
Hope that helps !

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Like Janie say, anytime as long as it is 1 hour after lights on and 1 hour before lights out. I offer greens about 30 minuets after lights on. I feed crickets around lunch time, I found this encourages him to eat his greens. Then I feed him more crickets around dinner time and then offer a small amount about 1 hour before lights out. I also refill greens around dinner time as well and might toss a few crickets in throughout the day. You will just have to play around with what works best for you and your lizards. I have a BIG eater so he has to get fed more often then some others. This gives you an idea on some things to try, hope it helps.

Reaper

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Thanks. That is really helping. They are already getting quite a bit bigger.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Good, getting bigger is always a good thing.

Latest posts