• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Feeding questions

ChaBoyBlue

Bearded Dragon Egg
hello :bd: I have a couple questions about my bearded dragons feeding. His name is toothless. Idk what to feed him. I also do not know where to get the food cheap. Is there any membership that sends me food for toothless weekly? Please respond Toothless says thank you and he loves you all!

JumpinJellyfish

Juvenile Dragon
Hi - it really would have been best to do some research *before* getting the pet, but here are basics:
Your dragon needs proper lighting and temperatures - this includes at least a basking lamp and a tube (not coil/compact) UVB light. Both are very important to health and digestion. He needs live insects - how many and how often will depend on his age- and he needs dark greens (not lettuce) and a variety of veggies, and a bit of fruit. Again, how much will depend on age. He needs calcium supplement, and multivitamin.
There is an excellent nutrition listing/chart on beautifuldragons.com.
Sources for feeder insects:
Symton.com - You can bulk order BSFL (black soldier fly larvae) and you can set up a subscription for scheduled delivery. These do not need calcium added.
Rainbow Mealworms - you can get crickets, hornworms, lots of other options, and I think they and most places offer scheduled/subscription.
Same for Josh's Frogs. Dubia roaches are a good feeder as well, if they're legal where you are. You can get them from those last two. There are a lot of other good sources too. You'll find them mentioned on these boards, or just Google "feeder insects".

Roo’s Mom

Bearded Dragon Egg
My Beardie also loves dandelion leaves for a veggie. I have tried a lot of other fruits and veggies but she just picks at most of them. I also feed her frozen peas, thawed, she loves book Choi leaves as well but the dandelion is picked from my own back yard then washed. So it’s free.