• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

feeding question

Sunkiss

Juvenile Dragon
My dragon is 6 months old. We feed her crickets, sprinkled with calcium, every morning. We feed her meal worms every night and have veggies available for her daily. Is this right or should we change something?

Fliehigh

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
You should also add in a multi-Vitamin.

Most people do 5 days calcium - 2 days multi at this age.

I use this multi-vitamin

untitled.png

This contains extra vitamins that they do not get in the food we feed them.

Sunkiss

Juvenile Dragon
Thank you. She doesn't really eat her veggies...she nibbles a little and sometimes accidentally ingests when going for a worm.
Should I give her different worms?

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
For their 1st 7-9 months, dragons should get a mostly protein diet. 80% protein-20% veg.

Sunkiss

Juvenile Dragon
Well she gets it. LOL
She loves live prey....it is really neat to watch her go after the prey.
I do wonder if we should be giving her different worms. Is what I am giving her sufficient?

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Superworms are recommended over mealworms, their nutritional content is a little better & they're just as easy 2 get. Waxworms, roaches, hornworms & Reptiworms are alternatives as well.

Latest posts