• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Feeding my dragon!!!

Eric

Bearded Dragon Egg
Wondering how I need to feed my dragon? Do I feed crickets and veggies at same time or do I do veggies one time then crickets next time. Right now I feed him few small pieces of kale then crickets right after!!!!!

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Need more information on your dragon: It really depends on the age your dragon is.. Babies need to be fed 3 times a day protein. salad should be offered all day long. If young they don't always like to eat greens but still have them in there to eat. Also you want to be feeding more collard greens, turnip greens, mustard greens over kale. You can feed kale just not only kale. Take a look at the links below several of our comments 1 of them is a food list that most of us use. The other is a link for care info for new comers. Both of these links can be found in the general care section..

MyFirstDragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
I've fed mine twice a day. Once in the morning and again when I get home from work. Sometimes I'll try a third time if she didn't eat much in the evening. I feed her crickets first since the younger dragons need more protein. Whatever she can eat until she no longer seems interested. Then about 10 min later I'll offer her greens (Dandelion and/or Collard). i'll just hold a large leaf in front of her and she usually tears into it. I'll do that until she is no longer interested as well.

Latest posts