• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Feeding insects

Pawsfoot

Bearded Dragon Egg
I am going to be feeding dubia roaches, and it sounds like they can get out of the feeder bowls when they are little and since I have a baby beardie I was wondering if it would be better to feed with tweezers or would it be better to put them in a small 10 gallon tank during meal times for 10-15 minutes and allow him to eat them that way. Also I am going to be feeding him BSFL and I was just planning on sprinkling them on his greens. He eats his greens really well and I provide him with fresh greens twice daily on the cool side of the tank, but he just doesn't seem to want the supers or the mealworms I was told he was eating at the store. I have had a bowl of the worms in his cage for 3 days now and he hasn't eaten one of them. I really don't want him to not get any protein so I'm trying all the bugs that I can to see if he will like any of them. I didn't get him crickets because I'm not a fan lol but if I have to I will. Any help is appreciated.

madchiller85

Hatchling Dragon
I'm in the same boat really. I know he's eating because he's pooping, but I think he's just getting the loose crickets in his tank. I can't get him to eat out of a ceramic bowl, he just ignores them and any insects in them. And I can't get him to eat salad at all, even when I put feeder insects like BSFL or roaches in with it. I know my lighting and temps are correct now, but still struggling to get him to eat regularly. I've only had him about 10 days though.

Pawsfoot

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yeah we have only had ours for 3 days. He is eating the salads like it is his job but won’t touch an insect that I put in the cage. I’m hoping he will try the roaches because I ordered some and I was gonna even go to the store and pick up some prior to the ones I have coming to see if he will eat them. Maybe he’s still just getting used to us and that’s why. Also he had a nice poop yesterday that was normal so I mean at least that’s a plus. Hopefully someone can tell us if this is ok.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I am going to be feeding dubia roaches, and it sounds like they can get out of the feeder bowls when they are little and since I have a baby beardie I was wondering if it would be better to feed with tweezers or would it be better to put them in a small 10 gallon tank during meal times for 10-15 minutes and allow him to eat them that way. Also I am going to be feeding him BSFL and I was just planning on sprinkling them on his greens. He eats his greens really well and I provide him with fresh greens twice daily on the cool side of the tank, but he just doesn't seem to want the supers or the mealworms I was told he was eating at the store. I have had a bowl of the worms in his cage for 3 days now and he hasn't eaten one of them. I really don't want him to not get any protein so I'm trying all the bugs that I can to see if he will like any of them. I didn't get him crickets because I'm not a fan lol but if I have to I will. Any help is appreciated.
https://www.amazon.com/MACGOAL-Rept...uGQB&pd_rd_wg=tLkwE&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_d

Latest posts