• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Feeding concerns

lakersfan1724

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I got m first beardie about a week ago and I am a little concerned because he doesn't seem to be eating as much as I have read that a beardie his size (about 6-8 inches) should be eating. For example, he only eats about 3-5 small crickets per day, 1 waxmorm every 1-2 days, and wont eat any salad. He also doesn't seem to be interested in drinking any water either. HELP!!!

beardie_love

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
First of all, hello and welcome !

This could just very well be location stress. Can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks to pass over.. and yes this means they will eat very little food. Not to worry, just keep offering and he'll come around. As for water, most will not drink it. You can maintain hydration by giving them baths.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome and Melissa has already said everything I was going to say

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Relocation stress does attritube to their behaviour and lack of eating when they have a new home or their environment changes. Since this is a new beardie and you are new to bearded dragons, can you go over your setup a bit?

1. What are your temps on the hot and cool sides?
2. What are you using to take your temps?
3. What UV light are you using?
4. What substrate (floor) do you have?
5. What are you feeding (salad mix/bugs)?

joe power

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
hello, i am new as well, welcome though,

my little beardy is as well about 6 inch, i too have only had him for a week. and you explained his behavior to the t lol.
all i do is make the veg available, feed hi mwhat ever crix he well eat and drip water on to his nose to drink once a day and spray him once a day and is leaves. ill post if anything changes

Latest posts