• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Feeder Cost and more

ilovebeardies

Juvenile Dragon
I actually bought some from west coast roaches a little bit ago I didn't see your comments. I got 100 medium dubias for 18.00 bucks and a 100 large phoenix worms for 8 bucks I think. I just wanted to start small. I have a huge bug phobia I couldn't start with 500 lol but we will see how this goes I could end up buying from them in the future. Thank you :)

Elemental Dragon Lord

Bearded Dragon Veteran
You really want to get started on some sort of colony, you face two months before you have a swarm of ravenous beardies and I dont think you to be ordering every other day. 15 babies can eat hundreds of pinhead crickets a day no problem.

timbalan

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Ya they can but they have to be the new born roaches which are very very small and hard to pick out of the frass which is where they hide because thats what they eat at first. Sounds gross but thats just what they do

ilovebeardies

Juvenile Dragon
Darn i don't want crickets, I am going bonkers with the chirping and smell. Idk guess I'll be placing frequent pin head orders. And well yeah I'm not searching through roach stuff for tiny ones

WalkingWithDragons

Hatchling Dragon
Also check out Shadow Dragons on facebook. I order Pheonix worms from them every week. They are a good staple also as they naturally have a high Ca:p ratio. You can order 500 for $17 shipped to your door, or 1,000 for $29 shipped. They can last in the container they come in for 2-3 weeks also.

will_him_is

Juvenile Dragon
I'm trying to start a decent colony with the larger ones from that order. That probably will take a while, but I'm also searching right now for a adult colony about 10F and 2M. If it works out I will have some to ship, in deli cups lol, I hate the box after just one order. I just bought some additional storage for them and 10gal with a tank heater. I was tinkering around trying to make my own gel, using water crystal as a base and mixing mushed vegetables and calcium powder stirring and smashing it into like a thick baby food consistency. I did not know they were omnivores as well so I may consider adding some fish or shrimp to the gel. They ate that over just plain veggies themselves. Nothing creeps me out more than bugs, and after only a few days, I have confidence that with careful and always aware handling, they can be managed.

ilovebeardies

Juvenile Dragon
Yes I have to figure, wether I would want a cricket colony or a roach colony. Its seems like roaches are more preferred. But I guess I will know more this week when my order comes in.

timbalan

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
It does. Usuall males are about a quarter and females aee about a dollar a peice. Depending on where you get them.

Latest posts