• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Feedback on my Beardies enclosure?

KeBEARDIE

Hatchling Dragon
My new Australian desert enclosure for my rescue bearded dragon chubs ”I didn’t choose that name” Anyways here’s the specks of the enclosure, We have a bioactive substrate topped off with native Australian sand our clean crew consists of Super worm beetles Dubia roaches and more so they breed to create a natural food source for her, then I’m running a 24” UVB I think it’s 10 or 12% I’d have to check it’s the desert one from Arcadia I’m running a 150W heat bulb hooked up to a dimmer as well as a BioDude Solargrow for the plants, I don’t have really any plants in there now so it’s kinda pointless.. anyways I have a bunch of wood which I mostly gathered outdoors and some dried grass there is some good basking and hiding areas as well as rocks and wood. The enclosure is a 4x2x2 Any thoughts?

Attachments

• 6F1F09F1-8B36-4119-8C80-4BFE78D056A6.jpeg
    6F1F09F1-8B36-4119-8C80-4BFE78D056A6.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 25
  • D37CC32A-4C83-41A6-A37C-DEC132DD51D9.jpeg
    D37CC32A-4C83-41A6-A37C-DEC132DD51D9.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 25
  • D527D924-D2A3-4EF1-9B87-283ABD56F89B.jpeg
    D527D924-D2A3-4EF1-9B87-283ABD56F89B.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 25

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My new Australian desert enclosure for my rescue bearded dragon chubs ”I didn’t choose that name” Anyways here’s the specks of the enclosure, We have a bioactive substrate topped off with native Australian sand our clean crew consists of Super worm beetles Dubia roaches and more so they breed to create a natural food source for her, then I’m running a 24” UVB I think it’s 10 or 12% I’d have to check it’s the desert one from Arcadia I’m running a 150W heat bulb hooked up to a dimmer as well as a BioDude Solargrow for the plants, I don’t have really any plants in there now so it’s kinda pointless.. anyways I have a bunch of wood which I mostly gathered outdoors and some dried grass there is some good basking and hiding areas as well as rocks and wood. The enclosure is a 4x2x2 Any thoughts?
Ok so it looks good could use some color tho - so adding plants would be good-- also how are you getting basking temps? I dont see any gauges at all - stick ons are ok for ambient but you need two digital probe thermometers for surface basking temps- also the screen on the tank is it a fine mesh or a wide holed type- for a 4x2x2 tank we usually recommend the UVB go inside but the distance looks ok for a wide hole type 8-10 inches --- if its a fine mesh I recommend getting it inside the tank w/ a distance of 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor -- and the Arcadias can have different bulbs check to make sure its a 12% bulb

KeBEARDIE

Hatchling Dragon
I just checked it’s a 12% hole and its a wider hole variation also this picture is a couple of hours old I added some air plants for those random vegetation Australia has also I did forget to mention that I do have a hydrometer thermometer haha I believe his basking spot is typically about 95 - 102F.

Latest posts