• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Fancy?

SGudino

Bearded Dragon Egg
i just bought my baby a couple weeks ago and they said he was fancy. As a new dragon owner, what makes him fancy? Or is he a certain kind? I am pretty educated on most aspects of my dragon and his care. But I was just curious about this.
IMG_0268.JPG
IMG_0270.JPG

Paarthurnax

Hatchling Dragon
Fancy Schmancy. Looks like my Jim and Bob. No idea what "fancy" means My bubba is les colorful and I think I seen similar colors at the pet store labeled "regular". I guess just the Fancy color morph which I perceive and very abundant. Wait till your dragon gets bigger and goes through a bunch of sheds and the colors will change yet again.
hangin out.jpg

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
The "normal" and "fancy" bearded dragons at petsmart are both normal bearded dragons, some babies just display lighter colors, so they call them fancy and charge you more money. You won't find any morphs from big box pet stores. Fancy or not, they sure are cute!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yep just a wording they use when they have brightly colored dragons...I've seen leatherbacks in the big chains and sometimes they don't even charge more you just never know.
Your dragon has some really bright colors so maybe a citris tiger or sunfire...Really it's up to the breeders to name the colors from their parents.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Fancy is just the team they use when it looks different than the other dragons. My girl Dexter is a fancy dragon and I learned from this forum the reason she was labeled fancy is because she is a hypo dragon (all of her nails are clear). Your's doesn't have clear nails so I'm guessing because of the lighter color they named it fancy.

Latest posts