• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

fake rock

whitnet

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
HELP i have just started making a fake rock area with cave i just ysed that expandable foam and carved it i plan on grouting & sealing it i was worried about the safety of my beardie such as fumes from the foam can some1 please help

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi there and welcome to the Family... Now, are you making the construct in the animals enclosure... or in the same room ?

Has your dragon shown any signs of discomfort, such as a blackened beard, or wheezing and gasping ?

If you are not doing this project in the same room or enclosure as your dragon, you shouldn't worry. Just increase air flow and circulation to take away those fumes.
Janie

whitnet

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
will it be safe to put it in the tank when i grout it and seal it and does any 1 have any suggestions on what to use for the grouting and sealing

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes once you grout and seal that in, and it is completely dried... It is safe to use..
Now, did you use Great Stuff as the foam ? If so, this can take several days to harden up, depending on how thick it was applied.
You can grout using either the mix it yourself, or the already mixed, just add water.
Once you get on several layers, drying completely in between, you can use something called Mod Podge to seal that in... Using a spray bottle, mix the MP with water, thinning it out for the first layer. Each layer beyond that, make the MP thicker, until you are brushing it on.
Once dry, you are good to go.
Janie.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i made a fake rock structure similar to what you are making...its perfectly safe as long as you give it about 24-48 hours to cure which you need to do anyway before you grout it...any tile grout will work just fine for it and i also used acrylic paint too to make it look nicer...i then used watered down mod podge to seal all of the fake rock and let it dry for a day or 2 and then placed my dragon inside and hes been fine

whitnet

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
thanks a million for the advise i am looking foward to getin it finished and puting in to my beardie :). Any additional views or comments will be much appreciated

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
my advise would be to never be afraid to get dirty! thats when the best projects come about :D

whitnet

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
tanks for all the help gonna get started in the morning to grouting it il upload photos when im done many thanks from me and roco :)

Latest posts