• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

EYE BULGING

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Geeeeeez, I think I just had a heart attack or stroke or maybe evn three. My heart is still pounding.

Got up to check on dinner when I looked over at Pogies VIV, Her eyes were two huge bulges, I mean HUGE . . . I FREAKED, ran to the viv, yanked the glass open and yelled. She calmly opened her eyes (In a kinda rolling motion) and then they were normal again. Then she looked at me like "What???"

Gosh, think I need a drink.

Is this common? Is something wrong?

One freaked out mommy here

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
It's normal. They do that when they are shedding aound their heads and eyes. Weird looking. Isn't it?

Stephanie is a Rockstar

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
definitely creepy when you see it the first time. Lola did it, and I started poking her to make sure she was still alive, lol She opened up her eyes and looked at me like I was crazy. lol

beardie_love

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Oh I know how you feel! When one of my babies did that for the first time, I freaked. Like, WHAT THE HECK is happening? Now that I see it every now and then, I find it quite amusing LOL. Charlie did it for the first time last week, and it was quite scary, him being an adult beardie, with BIGGER eyes! ::)

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
By chance is she getting ready to shed on her head ?

Yeah sort of, under her chin a thin strip has finished. As you can see the front of her face, belly are about to start. Her back is also greyish and the upper part of all 4 limbs.
SNC00510.jpg

She has shed in her face before.... guess I just missed the eye thingy then (Fortunately, I mean really, this eye bulging stuff is on a need to know basis, And it was something I didnt need to know, or see LOL)

definitely creepy when you see it the first time. Lola did it, and I started poking her to make sure she was still alive, lol She opened up her eyes and looked at me like I was crazy. lol

I'll say. Creepy as hell. Also poked her, thought she was having kins of an allergic reaction LOL

But thank goodness for this forum, I feel much better now.

Isnt it weird, once you belong to a group like this, you forget all the normal stuff you used to do like phone a friend . . . . Immediately run to the PC and start typing LOL

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have not seen this yet but thanks for asking...now I will not freak when I see it!!!

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
How is it that these little guys can cause so much worry and stress.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Wow! how weird!
so I searched a bit and i found this article and pictures on page two looks really scary and freaky!

YIP, thats it, thats exactly what her eyes looked like. Now everyone who hasnt seen it, can have a looksy and maybe it will keep others from FREAKING in future. LOL

fj_explody-eye2.jpg

Harley D

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
yikes ! I would have a heart attack if I saw that....thanks for the pic...though I will join you in the drink ;)

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Posted by: Harley D
Insert Quote
yikes ! I would have a heart attack if I saw that....thanks for the pic...though I will join you in the drink Wink

CHEERS ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Latest posts