• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Everything is healthy except poop...

Maddoxbtw

Bearded Dragon Egg
My beardie looks to be very healthy and I am almost positive I am doing all the right things. However, his poop has not been looking normal recently. He is 6 months old and has only been pooping around once a week. However, when he does poop, it is almost completely liquid and doesn't have any structure.

He has also recently been hiding more often and spending more time in his cave than normal. He will sometimes spend the whole day in there. Could this be a sign of parasites??
IMG_20210706_130716.jpg

92311-5917081349_small.jpg

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Whats his diet?….His poo looks “kinda” normal, what are those “bits” ? Exoskeleton? If yes stop feeding him whatever it is, the poo looks normal, but the liquid being brown isnt to great, it should be “relatively” clear.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
And u may need to get a different fixture for ur uvb, the rays are bouncing right out of his enclosure, instead of being directed downward.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I have a 24” zoomed fixture with a 22” t5 10.0 bulb, it has a reflective surface where the bulb goes.

Attachments

• AF92848B-0537-4260-B2A8-D1873AE40C69.jpeg
    AF92848B-0537-4260-B2A8-D1873AE40C69.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 8

Maddoxbtw

Bearded Dragon Egg
Whats his diet?….His poo looks “kinda” normal, what are those “bits” ? Exoskeleton? If yes stop feeding him whatever it is, the poo looks normal, but the liquid being brown isnt to great, it should be “relatively” clear.
I feed him twice a day. Veggies in the morning (usually yellow squash but I mix it up) and bugs in the evening (mostly dubia roaches and sometimes crickets.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
With out a reflector the UVB rays are going all over that tank --- what is the bulb your using? Is it a T 5 or a T 8 --- placement and distance is crucial here --

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok so get a fixture for a T 8 I recommend upgrading the UVB to a T 5 especially for a 40 + gallon tank or bigger --
this is a very good fixture and bulb https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/arcadia-prot5-uvb-kit.html you will need the 12% bulb ---- this is considered a T 5 --- they are out of the Zoo Med fixtures as of now but the Arcadia is as good --- if and when you get this replaced please post back on here w/ what you got and I will help you get it placed - the fixtures need to be directly above the basking decor piece not on the back wall ---- I will help you

Latest posts