• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

encorporating greens into diet

Pat B

Super Moderator
I have done as Germ suggested. Every dang day I put greens, fruit, veggies in his viv. He is 7 months and just started eating green beans!! Try those and see if they help. He has now eaten greens 3 days in a row....a record! So I am thinking he 'knows' to eat them? I don't know. Don't give up....continue the crix and one of these days the little booger will surprise you and eat those dang greens!!

BeardieBaby

Juvenile Dragon
Okay thanks! And also, I notice that when I put the veggies in his tank, they dry out really quickly and then of course I am sure they are not appealing to Baby. I put warm water on them but they still dry out quickly. Do you have any suggestions on how to keep them fresh for longer?

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Misting them periodically will help extend their life in the enclosure a bit, but unfortunately that's one of the hazards.

Demonatrix

Hatchling Dragon
The beard I rescued has been difficult to get him to eat greens but the trick that worked for me was to get a bag clip and put his greens on that and hang it by his basking spot. At first he would only eat dandelion greens off it. He hates mustard greens, won't touch the stuff! But now he will eat turnip greens and collard greens as long as I still put dandelion greens with it. He still won't go near his salad plate tho. I'm trying to figure out how to get him to eat off the plate because I can't really hang some of the fruit or squash from the clip very well. However at this point as long as he's eating the greens off the clip I'm happy. Oh and I bought some horned worms (which he loves) since they are a greenish blueish color he seems more willing to eat greens because they are closer to the same color... Or that's what I think anyway lol

Latest posts