• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Enclosure type

shipleydragon

Hatchling Dragon
What is the best kind of enclosure to buy. I need to upgrade to a larger tank for my 14 month old dragon. I know it needs to be 4x2x2. Then what size uvb strip and what watt of heat bask bulb would O need for 4x2x2 tank this is where he spends most of his time. Widh he would utilize his climbs and things more.

Attachments

• 20231015_191130.jpg
    20231015_191130.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 7
  • 20231015_191128.jpg
    20231015_191128.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 8

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
What is the best kind of enclosure to buy. I need to upgrade to a larger tank for my 14 month old dragon. I know it needs to be 4x2x2. Then what size uvb strip and what watt of heat bask bulb would O need for 4x2x2 tank this is where he spends most of his time. Widh he would utilize his climbs and things more.
The UVB it looks like your using now is a 24" -- it will fit right into a 4x2x2 tank -- most people I know use the Zen Habitats tanks -- but some have bought from www.dubiaroaches.com -- I dont care for black tanks they are too dark--www.symtonbsf.com has them -- also black -- there are some other websites I can post for you- I dont know about those tanks I have not gotten any feedback on them -- carolina cages are all glass and they have the basking bulb and UVB fixture connected together this I dont like if there is a temp issue you cant really adjust them and they are hard to keep warm because of the glass --plus they are very heavy-- if you want me to post other websites for more tanks let me know and I will -- your basking bulb is going to be determined by a digital probe thermometer- plus how cold the room is that you have the tank -- is it by a window- on the floor you dont want it there -- all these factors determine the wattage and temps in the tank -- but you need to use that digital probe to answer that wattage question -- you can use analog for ambient temps - 100 or so on the hot side surface basking 95-100 middle of the tank 90's and cool side 80ish -- IR guns are good for spot checks but they will not read off of hammocks or certain basking materials-- you need the digital probe for that --

Latest posts