• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Enclosure ideas please

SGudino

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have a baby named Cleo. I'm pretty sure it's a she from candling her tail.. so anyways I would love some easy beginners ideas on decorating a natural habitat for her. I would like to have a bio active Viv but I don't think I'm ready for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I know some members have made decor out of excavator clay and Styrofoam. The clay is sealed for easier cleaning. The Styrofoam was cut into some really neat structures and ledges, covered in grout, and sealed. I haven't done it myself, but from the posts I've seen, it looks really neat and gives a sandy rock look. Very cool.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Lasen72

Juvenile Dragon
I tried a couple plants in my dragons viv but he kept ripping them out of the planters and tried eating the plants.

Rafal

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Rocks and branches are always an easy nice decor... go to a local fishing lake or something and walk around to see if you can find something. Just make sure to soak everything in a bucket of bleach for a couple days, then fresh water for a couple days... the branches will soak up the water pretty good, so after soaking you can throw them in your oven at 200* for 6 hours, but put a wooden spoon or something in the door to leave a small crack so the moisture has somewhere to escape.

Otherwise you can always make your own as suggested already.

Rafal

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I've seen some nice tanks done up with excavator clay. It's not the easiest to clean but it looks real nice. Drift wood, mopani, or grape wood sticks are all real nice.

Latest posts