• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

LessIsMoreMomma

Bearded Dragon Egg
Working on our girls final enclosure. It is 4' wide x 3' high x 2' deep. The 3 foot height is to accommodate all heat and uvb lamps in the top and not have to see them on the outside of the enclosure. It will have glass slider doors.
I'm starting to place basking rocks and shelves and designing the space out. For you experienced owners I'd love your opinions and suggestions.
The left side will be hot side. Right will be cool. The right side has a 5" deep, 12"x12" dig box built in that will have a tile to cover the top and just provide another space for her until I open and allow digging when needed. Above the dog area I am making a log type structure out of that to provide a hide for brumation and sleeping if she wants. My plan is to make a type of ramp coming off the front of it down in front of the dig box.
I have tile on the bottom. But another option is to put the excavator/soil mix down there and do a dig box outside of enclosure. but I also like the idea of the dog area being in there just for containment.
I ordered a 10.0 reptisun uvb bulb in larger 46" length for this cage, 54 watt. And she has a large dimmable 100 watt heat lamp for basking spot. I also have another lamp if the space is too large and I need more heat in there.
Thoughts!? Considerations?

Attachments

• PXL_20220424_154322009.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220424_154322009.MP.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 28
  • PXL_20220424_154514243.jpg
    PXL_20220424_154514243.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 30
  • PXL_20220424_154924019.jpg
    PXL_20220424_154924019.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 29
  • PXL_20220424_154920922.jpg
    PXL_20220424_154920922.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 29
  • PXL_20220424_154326841.jpg
    PXL_20220424_154326841.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 28

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Working on our girls final enclosure. It is 4' wide x 3' high x 2' deep. The 3 foot height is to accommodate all heat and uvb lamps in the top and not have to see them on the outside of the enclosure. It will have glass slider doors.
I'm starting to place basking rocks and shelves and designing the space out. For you experienced owners I'd love your opinions and suggestions.
The left side will be hot side. Right will be cool. The right side has a 5" deep, 12"x12" dig box built in that will have a tile to cover the top and just provide another space for her until I open and allow digging when needed. Above the dog area I am making a log type structure out of that to provide a hide for brumation and sleeping if she wants. My plan is to make a type of ramp coming off the front of it down in front of the dig box.
I have tile on the bottom. But another option is to put the excavator/soil mix down there and do a dig box outside of enclosure. but I also like the idea of the dog area being in there just for containment.
I ordered a 10.0 reptisun uvb bulb in larger 46" length for this cage, 54 watt. And she has a large dimmable 100 watt heat lamp for basking spot. I also have another lamp if the space is too large and I need more heat in there.
Thoughts!? Considerations?
I am going to have someone weigh in in this that can help better than I

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I am going to have someone weigh in in this that can help better than I
Here is what they said
Polycrylic is fine once it has set. Polyurethane would work too. They are both commonly used for sealing enclosures.
The levels are a good idea with a tall enclosure like that. I think back to Taterbug's setup which was 4' tall and she had different levels set up so that Pepper could choose from quadrants rather than halves in terms of heat and UV (high heat & high UVB, high heat & no UVB, low heat & low UVB, low heat & high/moderate UVB). I think that creating zones for lighting will be a better use of space than integrating a dig box unless they want to set up a biodynamic enclosure. There are many many good options though, so they should feel free to try some configurations out and see what works best over time.

Latest posts