• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

EMERGENCY!! SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ITS URGENT!!!!!

Yordy

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok so last month i got a baby beardy. He's been eating very well since the day i got him and acting very well, Moving, eating, pooping, basking and being alert. So about 3-4 days ago he has stopped doing EVERYTHING i just said. He poops, he only ate about 5 crickets yesterday and about 2 today i usually let him feed as many as he can in a 15 minute period and he only ate 5 and 2 today. He SLEEPS all day now, is really lazy does not move color is kinda dark but turns back to his regular colors, My substrate was wood chips but i took it off around 1 week ago ( he pooped btw ) now his substrate is paper towels, he has water, greens ( dusted with calcium ) a 10.0 UVB light, a 60 watt basking/UVA light ( 20 gallon tank he's a juvie) Someone pleas help me its making me sad he's under weight really skinny, i dont want to lose him/her

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
What are his temps like? How far away is the UVB bulb? How big are the crickets you're feeding? They should be no bigger (in any dimension) than the distance between his eyes. Can you post a photo of his setup?

p.s. welcome to the forum!

Yordy

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have a log were he can bask at, I'll post pics in the morning , the crickets are all smaller than the space between his eyes,

Zach Fulkerson

Bearded Dragon Egg
Soak him for sure. Every time I've had problems like this my dragons perked right up after soaking and drinking. Just because water is available does not mean he will drink it, you have to encourage it heavily. Put him in a sink or small tub and splash/swirl the water around him, drip it on his snout. If he doesn't like being in water he should take to a dropper or spray bottle. I've heard of people having success with liquid calcium supplements. But I think hydration sounds like it could be part of the problem especially with what you said about his color changing.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You'll need to measure how hot the basking area is. And be sure to give him a hide and a place where he can get out from the lights if he wants to

Yordy

Bearded Dragon Egg
Soak him for sure. Every time I've had problems like this my dragons perked right up after soaking and drinking. Just because water is available does not mean he will drink it, you have to encourage it heavily. Put him in a sink or small tub and splash/swirl the water around him, drip it on his snout. If he doesn't like being in water he should take to a dropper or spray bottle. I've heard of people having success with liquid calcium supplements. But I think hydration sounds like it could be part of the problem especially with what you said about his color changing.
I gave him a bath in warm water last night, and I've seen him drink the water by himself actually, but when i did put him in he got happy for a few minutes and went back to the sad state

Yordy

Bearded Dragon Egg
You'll need to measure how hot the basking area is. And be sure to give him a hide and a place where he can get out from the lights if he wants to
I have a hide in the cool side, but he does not go in, he just stays in 1 spot on the log most of the day unless i move him he only wakes up when i pick him up

Yordy

Bearded Dragon Egg
This is the little guy, his name is charizard

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 58

jarich

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Can you post a picture of the enclosure? What temperature is the basking area and cool side? He definitely looks undernourished, so something is keeping him from eating.