• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Emergency please help

Minerva

Hatchling Dragon
Ok so Idk what to do. I had draco in my hand while my son was jumping on the bed and IDK in a split second he jumped on her while in my hand and I saw his foot go directly over her head and she got black bearded and opened her jaw wide now she's not moving. Is she hurt badly?? My hubby is at work so I don't have the car to take her to the vet. Plus our vet is on vacation right now ugh. I feel so bad. Should I Uber? Or could she just be ok ?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Minerva

Hatchling Dragon
This is her now just still there
04557fb0af456a8d03ede10b30929e14.jpg

BeardedHippy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Does she seem to have any problem moving her head or walking or just not moving at all? the black beard is a normal reaction, but otherwise, what Aerries said. Her wrist looks a little bit swollen, or has it always been like that? could be the photo perspective

Minerva

Hatchling Dragon
I think that may just be her shedding.. but I have an appointment for her when her vet gets back..she has been eating.. and active since it happened. So I guess she's ok, thank you guys for your answers!
9b3ebc0ae85a4113a38f3ef624e9c35f.jpg

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Keep an eye on that foot and make sure it's just shedding, it looks a little swollen. Also look out for limping or not putting weight on the foot, those are signs something is wrong.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Her wrist looks swollen for sure! That is not normal Is she using it??

Minerva

Hatchling Dragon
Keep an eye on that foot and make sure it's just shedding, it looks a little swollen. Also look out for limping or not putting weight on the foot, those are signs something is wrong.
I'll be doing that for sure.. for now she seems normal.. but though i thought it could have been shedding, it can't be bc the other side is not like that. So I'm probably just going to another vet bc waiting till the 22 for when her vet gets back could be bad.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Try to get her in with another exotics vet just to have it looked at. Serrapepatase is something good to have on hand. It helps with inflammation among other things. I've always given it to Dexter whenever she has something wrong and it always seems to help speed up the recovery. It's naturally found in silkworms so you can also just use silks as your feeder. I just don't know how many silkworms are in a dose. It's not an answer to the vet though, that should still be done.

Latest posts