• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Emergency heat

Krystie

Bearded Dragon Egg
So I live in the south, TN to be exact, and at times we get some brutal storms in the summer that can knock out power, same with winter time, ice storms hav been known to kill our power, if this happens what can I do to keep him warm?

MisterD83

Juvenile Dragon
In the summer, if your temps stay in the 70's to 80's the beardie will be ok for a few weeks, very lethargic and almost no appetite.

In the winter, if youre using space heaters on a generator to stay warm, you can use that to keep the beardie warm too. A gas stove may work as a back up heater for the house just keep a close eye on carbon dioxide and activity of the beardie, and insects are often shipped with heat packs in the winter and that keeps them alive for weeks at a time. With out knowing how hot they get I can suggest looking into that more.

Also a human's body temperature is in a good range to keep a beardie warm while youre awake and able to hold him / her.

Latest posts