• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Egg keeps sweating

KatieBej

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi all, I'm totally new at incubating bearded dragon eggs. Could I have some advice please. It's day 54 since laying, 1 of 15 eggs keeps sweating for a week or so, I've tried relocating it, but still sweating, the other 14 nice and dry. Do I keep wiping off the drops or should I leave it? I'm afraid it's early for hatching and that the egg will mold if don't wipe it.
It's the left one on the top in the picture.
Do they actually look any close to hatching? I'm so excited, cannot wait to see the first babies of my much loved dragons

Attachments

• 20220724_181226.jpg
    20220724_181226.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 18

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi all, I'm totally new at incubating bearded dragon eggs. Could I have some advice please. It's day 54 since laying, 1 of 15 eggs keeps sweating for a week or so, I've tried relocating it, but still sweating, the other 14 nice and dry. Do I keep wiping off the drops or should I leave it? I'm afraid it's early for hatching and that the egg will mold if don't wipe it.
It's the left one on the top in the picture.
Do they actually look any close to hatching? I'm so excited, cannot wait to see the first babies of my much loved dragons
I am no good at this I will get you some help I know someone who can help

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you
Heres what she posted and asked

Yes you can just dab the drops off with a paper towel if it's excessive. At 54 days they can definitely hatch so it may happen soon. Are you positive that it's not condensation dripping just on that egg?.

KatieBej

Bearded Dragon Egg
Heres what she posted and asked

Yes you can just dab the drops off with a paper towel if it's excessive. At 54 days they can definitely hatch so it may happen soon. Are you positive that it's not condensation dripping just on that egg?.
Hi, thank you. Yes I do believe it's not condensation dripping as I've swapped it places with another egg that remains dry, and still only this one getting sweaty.
I did put a flashlight on it and it looked to me like there still is a yolk on the bottom of it (that's basically the only reason why I think they are not really ready to hatch yet, but its only my guess)
Thank you very much, I will keep an eye on it and will keep wiping it gently with a paper towel

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi, thank you. Yes I do believe it's not condensation dripping as I've swapped it places with another egg that remains dry, and still only this one getting sweaty.
I did put a flashlight on it and it looked to me like there still is a yolk on the bottom of it (that's basically the only reason why I think they are not really ready to hatch yet, but its only my guess)
Thank you very much, I will keep an eye on it and will keep wiping it gently with a paper towel
Just dab on it, don't wipe. Touching the paper towel to the egg will absorb the drops. When you moved it, were you careful to not shift the position of it ? That's important , you don't want to dislodge the embryo from how it's growing.

KatieBej

Bearded Dragon Egg
Just dab on it, don't wipe. Touching the paper towel to the egg will absorb the drops. When you moved it, were you careful to not shift the position of it ? That's important , you don't want to dislodge the embryo from how it's growing.
I tried to be maximally careful and moved it just about 3 inches away, I moved super slowly, trying to not shake it at all. I'm trying to not touch them at all as I'm scared to bother the embryo in any way, just keep looking from outside and opening the incubator only once a day for a quick wipe of the sweaty one(only dab from now on). I'm so excited in the same time, I'm wondering if there are any other signs of soon hatching, apart of sweating and collapsing, that I could watch out for? Thank you very much for your advice)))

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I tried to be maximally careful and moved it just about 3 inches away, I moved super slowly, trying to not shake it at all. I'm trying to not touch them at all as I'm scared to bother the embryo in any way, just keep looking from outside and opening the incubator only once a day for a quick wipe of the sweaty one(only dab from now on). I'm so excited in the same time, I'm wondering if there are any other signs of soon hatching, apart of sweating and collapsing, that I could watch out for? Thank you very much for your advice)))
Sounds good, just watch them and one day you'll open the lid and there will be babies darting around.

BeardieMum❤️

Juvenile Dragon
There was another post on here a while back and someone was asking about their eggs, a particular member was talking about the different subtle signs you see, veins etc have a search about in the forum, I’m sure you will find it.

Latest posts