• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Eating Strangely

skeeterbug97

Hatchling Dragon
My beardie seems to be doing nothing lately. He lays around on his log and does nothing. He hasn't been eating his superworms and will barely eat any greens. Any suggestions?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
How old is he? Could be brumation or a partial brumation. My 1 year old stopped eating and moving much around his tank last month when the temps outside were getting below zero. He did this for about 2 or 3 weeks and now he's back to normal, running around giving us headaches!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
It's basically a hibernation. They can go to sleep for days, weeks or even months. I haven't experienced a full brumation with my two yet. They just go through periods where they get really sleepy and slow down.

What kind of lights do you have? I used to find when my UVB bulb was due to be replaced that Dexter would get sluggish.

Latest posts