• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Eating shortly after lights on

Delilah-mybeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
I leave for work early in the morning about 4 and my beardie lights don't come in till 9 so I feed her before I leave so I don't really see when she eats them. Today when her lights came on she saw a cricket the was jumping around an ate it well within her lights being on for 2 hours is that okay

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I leave for work early in the morning about 4 and my beardie lights don't come in till 9 so I feed her before I leave so I don't really see when she eats them. Today when her lights came on she saw a cricket the was jumping around an ate it well within her lights being on for 2 hours is that okay
Yes they will eat when they are ready its the lights being turned off before they have at least 2 hours of basking time after they have eaten you want to avoid

Delilah-mybeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Oh I definitely feel like I'm worrying a lot and overthinking everything but I've never owned a bearded dragon before and she's so little I just don't know what to do really like and I know I've only had her since last Saturday but she seems like still very skittish and she don't want me to touch her she will eat out of my hand but that's about as far as it goes I just I want her to be happy she's got really bad stress lines but I've been trying to keep it you know calm around her but I mean hell when you got kids that's not always its going to happen

Delilah-mybeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
She just hangs out I got her a few things new things to put in her enclosure but I'm not going to put them in there for at least the next week or so that way I'm not you know continuously changing it up that way she can get comfortable with what she has right now

Attachments

• 20240411_194509.jpg
    20240411_194509.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 9
  • 20240413_000627.jpg
    20240413_000627.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 9

Delilah-mybeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
So I just put her new pro t5 light on but idk if it the right distance or how it should be I don't want to put the end of the uvb up again the heat light.... HELP...lol
That's how I have it till I know what to do

Attachments

• 20240414_191945.jpg
    20240414_191945.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 7
  • 20240414_191937.jpg
    20240414_191937.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 7