• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Eating Question

mama

Hatchling Dragon
Hello!!

haven't been on in a bit. All has been going pretty well. Whorf is about 7 months now. This past month he has gone almost completely vegetarian. He loves his greens which I put powedered vits on....but maybe only eats a few roaches a week.

I've changed out his light just recently because it was due to be changed. The light was changed after the change in eating habits. His growth seems average and nothing of concern that i can see.

I know that as the grow up that they eat more greens/veggies and less protein...I was just alarmed with the big difference I noticed in such a short time frame.

Thanks in advance!!

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Hi and Thanks for the great update!:) I wouldn't be alarmed or concerned with his change..fact of the matter is that these guy and girls know far better than we what they need and as long as they are eating then it's a good thing indeed! Eating is generally a sign of a happy, secure creature...it's when they decide to turn off food period that a bit of alarm is called for because that can signal distress.
Have a great weekend!!

Spikeleebd

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
i wouldn't be to discourages my beardy is a year old and is still picky about his veggies and greens some days he will act like they are the best food in the world and some days he acts like it is the worst food in the world

Latest posts