• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Eating Issues

emma5774

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi! I adopted a bearded dragon from my cousins about a month ago. He is 9 months old and when we got him they said he loves eating super worms. However when we were cleaning his tank we took off the cover on the bottom and there was TONS of supers worms on the cover. We kept offering him superworms with his "salads" but we never saw him eat one. We ordered him hornworms and he ate one or two but didn't seem very interested in those either! We tried pheonix worms and he never touched them! Does he need to have bugs daily? Is it normal for him to now want them anymore? What other bugs should I try?

Wolfgirl97578

Juvenile Dragon
Hi! I adopted a bearded dragon from my cousins about a month ago. He is 9 months old and when we got him they said he loves eating super worms. However when we were cleaning his tank we took off the cover on the bottom and there was TONS of supers worms on the cover. We kept offering him superworms with his "salads" but we never saw him eat one. We ordered him hornworms and he ate one or two but didn't seem very interested in those either! We tried pheonix worms and he never touched them! Does he need to have bugs daily? Is it normal for him to now want them anymore? What other bugs should I try?
Hello there, first things first how are your basking temps? How is your uvb is it a coil or tube? What size is your tank he could be uncomfortable. Let's start with these to see if that's his issue

Thunderstorm0216

Bearded Dragon Egg
Are you feeding him crickets? My daughter's beardie is 2-1/2 years old and still LOVES them. He eats them every day, even though everyone swears their beardies only eat veggies after a year.

emma5774

Bearded Dragon Egg
Are you feeding him crickets? My daughter's beardie is 2-1/2 years old and still LOVES them. He eats them every day, even though everyone swears their beardies only eat veggies after a year.
I have not tried crickets! I will try those and see what he does!

emma5774

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello there, first things first how are your basking temps? How is your uvb is it a coil or tube? What size is your tank he could be uncomfortable. Let's start with these to see if that's his issue
His basking lamp is a coil and his basking area is normally 85-90F and the rest of his cage is about 65-75F. I think his tank is at least 3 feet long. He has a lot of room and we let him out to run around 3-4 times a day.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
His basking lamp is a coil and his basking area is normally 85-90F and the rest of his cage is about 65-75F. I think his tank is at least 3 feet long. He has a lot of room and we let him out to run around 3-4 times a day.
Please get rid of the coil basking light you want a solid clear bright white bulb --they need the UVA-- any type of coil is not good - you want something like this example https://www.petsmart.com/reptile/en...nse-basking-spot-light-14809.html?cgid=500202 or this https://www.petsmart.com/reptile/en...tile-basking-spot-lamp-14833.html?cgid=500202
temps should be taken w / a digital probe thermometer and they should be surface basking temps -- 95-100 - https://www.petsmart.com/reptile/en...um-digital-thermometer-14914.html?cgid=500113 get 2 of them one for your cool side should be in the 80's and one for your basking side middle of the tank 90's - you dont need to leave the probe on the spot where he sits to bask 10 min or so get the temp then place the probe on the side of the tank -- spot check once a week or so -- next are you using a coil for a UVB or a long tube fixture ? Your dragon is not going to eat w/ out correct UVB and correct basking temps- this is what happens w/ incorrect husbandry
1649613711028.png

This dragon is dying -- he has the grey color -- Please get your lighting and temps corrected -- I can post links to good UVB's for you if you need them ---

Latest posts