• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Eating greens

Sarz_Puff

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Sorry guys your prob sick of this question but my beardie hasn eaten any veggies in ages... i mean he used to eat loads of veggies (well a decent amount) but now nothin. Kinda got worried so tried t kinda force him but hes not interested. Its not as if there isn a variety of veggies, in the last month ive tried somthin new every 2 days just t see if he didnt like the taste of certain ones or something......

Hes still eating and still hungry but only for crickets and stuff.

Any ideas of wats wrong or wat i should do?

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
mix in kiwi...I found my two can not resist the sweet kiwi juice.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Can you change your mix up somewhat ? I do that when mine get bored with whatever has been on the menu, the day before.. this way they get 4 different staples, switched around all week. With two treat items once each a week...
Hope this helps.

Sarz_Puff

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Eh hes a year and a half ( well had him a year and pet shop said he was 6 months when i got him but idk)

I suppose ill just keep tryin and see wat he likes.

My fridge is packed with veggies and fruit at this stage tho haha

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Gut load your feeders with the veggies, so at least he'll get them one way or the others...
hope this helps.

Sarz_Puff

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Does that work i mean will he get the vitamins and all he needs from just doing that?

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He won't get everything, but that is why you use a vitamin 2 days a week for the young dragons, once a week for the adults. It's better than none at all... Have you tried mustard greens ? Mine go wild for those.. ignores the turnip and collards I went to the trouble of growing.. lol..
hope this helps.

Sarz_Puff

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
No haven tried them yet im goin out soon so ill pick up some and see wat he thinks cheers for you help once again.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I would also suggest the KIWI. Gave it to mine the other day for the first time as a treat and OMG she went bezerk....
She almost devoured the spoon and my hand as well.

Sarz_Puff

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hes a year and a half so 18 months eh ye tried kiwi he likes it but dont think his digestive system does if ya no wat i mean haha

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
too much will do that...it is high in water so it will give runny poop.

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You can try some tough love also. It won't kill him not to give him crix for a few days and just give him greens. See if that helps. That is why I was asking the age...if he was under a year I wouldn't give that advice.

Sarz_Puff

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
O ok i was thinkin about doing that but wasn sure if i could or not lik if it wud effect his health ill try it for a few days and see wat happens thanks for all your advice

Latest posts