• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Eating Aquarium Plants??? Sheesh.

Dovie

Bearded Dragon Egg
My healthy but committed "meat-a-tarian" 3 year old male took the opportunity of a recent aquarium gardening session to jump off of his favorite basking spot on top of my aquarium strip light and grab some healthy morsels of guppy grass
(Najas Guadalupensis) I was pulling out of my tank for disposal. I couldn't believe it! I can't get him to eat greens the majority of the time. It's probably perfectly healthy and non-toxic, but I wondered if anyone had any experience of this nature? The guppy grass has some string algae attached to it, which is why I was pulling it out of my tank. Can't imagine that small levels of string algae would be problematic, either, but I thought I'd check. Does anyone have any information? I don't even dare bother asking if anyone might happen to have nutritional information on guppy grass! ;-)

Latest posts