• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Eastern Black Swallowtail ok to eat

explorer52_21

Bearded Dragon Egg
Evidently, I'm the only person in the history of mankind to ask the question, "Can bearded dragons eat Eastern Black Swallowtail caterpillars?" because I searched the endless void of the internet and found nothing. So, any answers?

Attachments

• 20230512_165713.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 7
  • 4860033876_40cd4a3ada_k.jpg
    4860033876_40cd4a3ada_k.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 8

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Evidently, I'm the only person in the history of mankind to ask the question, "Can bearded dragons eat Eastern Black Swallowtail caterpillars?" because I searched the endless void of the internet and found nothing. So, any answers?
I have no idea and when you don't know it's best not to feed

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome to the forum!
I'd probably NOT feed it bc bright colors to me means toxic or poisonous and I would hate to lose a pet to a wild bug. I advise against it.
Hope you keep us updated!

Yvonne G

Administrator
3 Year Member
This (from Google) should help you make your decision:

Both the caterpillar and the adult are poisonous. The caterpillars of the Pipevine Swallowtail feed on the poisonous host plant, Aristolochia, also known as the pipevine, Dutchman's pipe or birthwort. It contains the lethal toxin aristolochic acid. Nevertheless, the black caterpillars turn into beautiful adults

Latest posts