• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Easiest worm to breed?

northface75

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Theres obviously a wide range of worms out there that beardies love; hornworks, silkworks, superworms, phoenix worms, waxworms... the list goes on.

What would you guys say is the easiest to breed? I've bred crix and dubia roaches, and read HOW to breed superworms, but I'm curious which you guys think is the best and easiest.

Thanks.

egg 80

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
out of the worms i only breed morios/ superworms and they are real easy to breed in the right conditions

paul

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
silks are definately easy to breed. But mealworms for the geckos are the EASIEST. Throw em in the tub.......throw in a carrot piece every 3 days and clean out the old. Walk away. TA DA......you're done.
A close second would have to be supers.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I may have to PM you about the breeding supers Gina. If you don't mind of course.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
unless you have a mulberry tree that is free of harmful chemicals you will wind up spending a lot of money on food since they eat so much and the food is kinda pricey

northface75

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
thats really ALL they eat, mulberry leaves? I read that on the site "mulberry farms", but I thought they were just trying to make you buy their stuff lol. I dont think I'd get those if I would have to consistently buy expensive food for them lol.

what about phoenix worms? I like that they are high in calcium, how hard are they?

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
most of the worms out there have specialized diets...i think PWs are too and I'm not sure how easy to breed they are either

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
they're actually designed not to morph. they're still gross.

sure Candice, whenever you're ready

Latest posts