• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dusting

RF Wildlife

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have been reading conflicting info on supplements. My plan was to dust bugs with Calcium wo/d3 every meal except silks/repti/and horns. One day every other week with D3, multi on weeks between. So basically Calcium w/d3 twice a month Multi-vitamin twice a month calcium wo/D# every meal. This is what I do with my Chameleon and has worked out well. I have read that Dragons can get D3 every dusting? My thought is that D3 is stored in the fat and over time can be a bad thing? Should I keep the same schedule as my Chameleon with a dragon, or do something different?

jarich

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Depends on your lighting to a certain extent. If you are providing a good exposure to UV light and a well balanced diet, then there is no real need for the D3. Its not an easy thing to give them toxicity that way, but it is possible, since as you mentioned it is a fat soluble vitamin rather than a water soluble one.