• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dubias Roaches

doug (Roaddawg)

Bearded Dragon Egg
We are thinking about starting a colony. I do not know much about them. I will say that our babies seem to love them. Can some give me advice on this topic. We are feeding crix at the moment and order on-line becuase of the amount our 5 dragons consume. I was told that the Dubias are fast growers and fairly easy to start and raise, but I do not want so many that the babies can not keep up with the over supply. Any info or suggestions would be welcome as this is totally a new avenue for my wife and I. Thank you everyone.

Doug (AKA The Dawg)

Augie

Juvenile Dragon
My initial thought is that five BDs should have no problem destroying a colony of any size, if you needed them to, but i too am curious what dubia owners do when their colony gets too big for comfort. I assume they would just lower the temperture. :D In the diet section there is a stickied post on maintaining a colony. I'd also recommend going on YouTube, as there are some good vids on caring for a colony. Through my research it looks like they are very easy to maintain.

I've never used the site, but backwaterreptiles.com seems to have some good options for buying a colony you intend to breed. When my BD gets a little older I intend on trying them out.

On a side note, Mods may want to consider moving the post over to diet; he may get more answers there.

Latest posts