• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

DUBIA NYMPH FEEDER SPECIAL! NEW PRICES!

SixofWandsTattoo

Hatchling Dragon
:bd: :bd: :bd: DUBIA NYMPH FEEDER SPECIAL!!!:bd: :bd: :bd:

***PRICES INCLUDE SHIPPING***

(Updated Price List)
1 Box of 50 - Dubia Nymphs (1/4"-1/2") - $12.00
Box of 100 - Dubia Nymphs (1/4"-1/2") - $17.00
Box of 200 - Dubia Nymphs (1/4"-1/2")- $25.00
Box of 300 - Dubia Nymphs (1/4"-1/2")- $35.00
1 Box of 400 - Dubia Nymphs (1/4"-1/2") -
$55.00
Box of 500 - Dubia Nymphs (1/4"-1/2") - $60.00
Box of 1000-Dubia Nymphs (1/4"-1/2") - $115.00

NYMPH BOXES OF 300 AND UP INCLUDE
FREE ROACH CHOW AND WATER CRYSTALS!!!

- LIVE ARRIVAL GUARANTEED -

- PayPal Now Accepts Major Credit/Debit Cards-

To Place An Order:
  • PM the quantity of Dubias you wish to order
  • Send payment amount via PayPal to [email protected]
  • Please include shipping address when posting payment with PayPal
  • Allow 3-5 days for arrival (3 days is most common)
  • All orders are filled same day as posted payment
  • All orders will be shipped the following business day
  • An order confirmation will be sent via PM in the form of a tracking number when payment is received
  • All orders are sent USPS Priority

Coffeeblack

Bearded Dragon Egg
so i was thinking about starting my own colony up and have been doing research and looking for the best prices but everyone on here says your the guy and your prices are fair. I was wondering if you could help me out on the products that i would need to buy and where to buy them. I was thinking of just going to wal mart and buying a bin to put them and but i don't know how to manage there temps. What should i use i heard of heat tape but i don't know where to buy it. My beardie is 9 inches long so i was thinking that once i get everything i could buy a box of 300 so i can get the food and water as well. it would mean alot if you could help me get started i was also thinking that i would need 12 females and like 4 males.

SixofWandsTattoo

Hatchling Dragon
Hello Coffeeblack!

I'd be happy to help you with your first dubia colony! I can definitely point you in the right direction for the supplies; most of which can be found at Walmart. Here's a quick list of what you'll need to get your colony growing and breeding quickly.

Walmart List-

-1 Medium Storage Tote w/ Lid -around 30-35gal size, preferably colored plastic, latching lid, non-opaque for darkness and a smooth, non-textured interior to prevent climbing
-Fiberglass or Aluminum Window Screening -for gluing under the tote lid holes for ventilation
-Hot Glue Gun and Hot Glue Sticks -for gluing the screen to the lid
-Cheap Digital Thermostat -one that shows a min-max temp reading is best, you'll want to make sure the temps are kept as close to 85F as possible for breeding. Between 85 and 90 is best. No higher than 95!
-Clay Terra Cotta Dishes - NOT PLASTIC! - 1 small (for water crystals) 1 medium (for roach chow) We use the saucers you place under clay planters. Clay is climbable and porous which helps keep the water crystals from drying out too quickly and doubles as a humidifier. You will need to place a small piece of cardboard under the water dish to stop your egg flats from getting too wet.
-Packing Tape -to place along the inside rim of the tote) This will prevent nymphs from teleporting out of the enclosure.
-Foam Board -cut to the size of your heat pad. This will be placed between the exterior of your tote bottom and your heat mat for insulation.
- Stack of Cardboard Squares -same number of these as egg flats, cut to roughly 8"x8" to be placed between the egg flats to keep them standing upright
-Egg Flats -18 or more of these for a 30gal bin. These are surprisingly difficult to find but absolutely essential. Unfortunately, we are currently out of stock at the moment. In the meantime, you can check with your local feed and seed stores or farmer's supply stores to see if they carry them. Any hardware store where you can buy live, baby chicks should have them as well.

Arizona Roach Farm List-

-ROACHES!!! Box of 300 smalls- $35.00
12 Adult Females - @ $1.00 each $12.00
4 Adult Males - @ $0.25 each - $1.00

-Organic High Protein Roach Chow - (3/4lb bag) reg. $3.50 each FREE!
-Water Crystals -1 bag makes 1 gallon of crystals, instructions included) reg. $1.50 each FREE!

Your total with us including everything here would come to $48.00 shipping included

SixofWandsTattoo

Hatchling Dragon
As far as temperature control goes, if you want the super fancy route you'll want to look for a ReptiTherm U.T.H. Under Tank Heater, Medium Size. We don't sell these but you can get them at Petco, Petsmart, Amazon or Ebay. Amazon has the best prices but Petco and Petsmart are readily available; no waiting for packages to come in the mail. The pads come in small, medium, large and extra large. I would use a Medium for a 25-30gal and a large for a 35-40gal.

hqdefault.jpg

The best way to control these is with a Rheostat. There are many styles and wattages to choose from but I use a Zilla 500W Temperature Controller plugged into a large heat pad for our 40gal bins. It's an awesome setup. Once you get the temp adjusted you simply monitor the temps for a couple of days. After that you can basically set it and forget it.
61fXapJBKhL._SY355_.jpg

Coffeeblack

Bearded Dragon Egg
So I only need the bowls and egg crates till I will make my order but I have a question; should I mix the 300 in with the adults or different bin? Also do you mine showing a pic of how you have the heat mat on your bin

SixofWandsTattoo

Hatchling Dragon
@Coffeeblack I would mix them all in the same bin until your colony starts reproducing a great deal. I keep my adults separated by sex and maturity but that's only because I have enough and I need to slow their reproduction rate. You don't need to provide multiple enclosures right away. You have plenty of time to separate them later. However, this is completely up to you. If you want to place your adults in a different bin, I would recommend something small. No larger than a 10 gallon for the adults.
Btw, if you haven't had any luck finding egg flats, I got a shipment of them that I'm selling for $1.00 each. Or a 40pack for $30. Let me know if you want me to throw those in with your dubias.

In the pictures I have a medium ZooMed UTH heat pad under one of my 50gal breeder bins. I stuck the pad directly to a piece of cardboard using the advesive side then cut it out about a half an inch around it. I then used the pad as a template to cut out a piece of foamboard. I place the foamboard under the cardboard side of the heat pad and finally place the bin on top of the pad. I don't recommend sticking the pad directly to the bin. This creates far too much heat and warps the bin. I place my pads 'upside-down' to diffuse the heat as well. Not sticking the pad to the bin also allows the bin to be moved easily for feeding, cleaning and sorting.

Attachments

• 20160510_220435.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 33
  • 20160510_220455.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 28
  • 20160510_220159.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 29

Coffeeblack

Bearded Dragon Egg
Alright so I'm finally ready to buy and thanks for the offer but I got the egg crates from my job I was waiting for us to get crickets in so I can have the left over egg crates. Also I live in Grand Prairie, Texas and its suppose to rain over here and if not it might be a lighting storm starting from Saturday till Friday. The average high should be 78-80 and the low 64. Will this cause any problems? Texas weather is bipolar , also just let me know how to order. Thanks

SixofWandsTattoo

Hatchling Dragon
@Coffeblack The weather should be fine. It's plenty warm enough for them. USPS rarely has delays due to weather.
If you would like to place an order, let me know which size box you decide on (how many adults and of what sexes) I'll message you the grand total.
After that, you can send your payment amount via Paypal to [email protected]

mcn

Bearded Dragon Egg
@SixofWandsTattoo Hello, how are you? I pmed you regarding the colony starter pack you've posted above. I just entered into the bearded dragon world and would like to spoil my dragons. I hope you can help me out on my first colony :)