• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dubia hydration

monkeybumpz

Juvenile Dragon
If u keep your colony humid. Be careful for mold. Especially with the dry roach chow(make sure it stays dry) Mold will wipe out your colony. I don't keep mine on heat. During the summer its stays between 80-88 in my room and my colony seems to thrive pretty well so far.

will_him_is

Juvenile Dragon
I was trying to avoid the condensation, its only cause there veg in there now. chows on the way. . Its 75 where I have them at with no heat. Partial basement so stays around that temp. is 95 to hot?

monkeybumpz

Juvenile Dragon
My colony just started last week. I have 15 females and about 6 males. I have probably about 100 small nymphs. I had 50 medium but i fed those off already. I am feeding 2 beardies and 2 leopard geckos. I'm going to have to pick up another 200 medium. That should last me till all my females start laying.

will_him_is

Juvenile Dragon
gotcha. when do you anticipate that you will have your own feeders ready? curious cause I ordered some breeders and 500 s-m from the ad posted here, and I was hoping that 500 would last 2-3 weeks. and then the colony would be producing. think 10f 4m something like that

will_him_is

Juvenile Dragon
yeah, wish I already had it started already but the oldest beardie is a few months. I also have a indoor green house (4x2x8) I wanted to start growing some greens in so they are ready when they are adults.

The Best Bred Dragon Veggie Diet

Staples

1. Asparagus
  2. Butternut Squash
  3. Cactus Leaves -
  4. Chicory Greens (escarole)
  5. Collared Greens
  6. Dandelions
  7. Green Beans
  8. Mustard Greens
  9. Turnip Greens
Occasional
  1. Watercress
  2. Basil
  3. Blueberries
  4. Strawberries
  5. Parsley

Elemental Dragon Lord

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Getting them to eat greens is a little mean at a young age. Skip their dinner and serve salad for breakfast, add superworms to increase interest.

will_him_is

Juvenile Dragon
Getting them to eat greens is a little mean at a young age. Skip their dinner and serve salad for breakfast, add superworms to increase interest.
That's what I do. I use a food processor to chop up everything into a what turns out like a cole slaw. Not a creamy slaw, I don't mush it, its still solid, and I leave it in there until afternoon, and all the worms in the cup are gone by the time I wake up. Seems they only eat the greens by accident when going for a bug ... then remove and feed leftover greens to bugs... That's the diet (listed) I plan to have them on when they are adults. It seems they really like squash and collard greens above most other veg.

smokejunky

Juvenile Dragon
Monkey u might want to consider not putting a bedding in the ranch cage.its a real pain in the butt when u have to clean the cage and sort babies when u have bedding in there

Latest posts