• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dubia for a baby beardie

notmyfault

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
How many appropriately sized dubias should a 2 month old 7 1/2 inch beardie be eating per feeding?

Mine only eats 1 sometimes 2 per feeding is this too little? Sometimes he doesn't even take.

He's in a 40 gallon partitioned into 2/3 of the tank. Basking spot is about 9 inches from the bulbs, and the temps are in the low 100's.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

bouncer36

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Mine is the same way just got mine 10 days to go 2-3 months old aleast that what I was told he is 4 1/2 inches long only weigh 2grams I put aleast 5 in there and he eats one

Spikeleebd

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
you have to give him time remember he is a little guy and has to adjust to his new surroundings just give him his space and keep providing him food and he will eventually warm up to you. you don't want to stress him out more than he already might be.

notmyfault

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I've had him for almost 2 weeks now. I don't want to try crickets because I already have a dubia colony I have for my Leos to feed out of. Might give him a little more time to get used to me because he still flips out at his own reflection.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Different BDs have different appetites & the size of the feeder will definitely have an effect on how many it will eat. I agree with Spikeleebd's comment above.

notmyfault

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Just an update on my little guy.

He's pigging out on tons of small Dubia now. His feces are getting huge!

Latest posts