• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Drinking water

LTMets44

Hatchling Dragon
Hey guys. Haven't been here for a while. Too busy with two jobs and a family. Hope everyone is great.

I have a quick question. When I first got my beardie, I was told not to put a water bowl in the tank. I feed him a mixed diet of crickets, greens, and the occasional wax worm.

Today, when I fed him his greens, the was some left over water on the bottom of the dish. His face has been glued to the bottom of the dish for a while drinking the water. I poured a little more water in the bowl and he keeps drinking. Is this a sign that I should keep water in his tank?

Thanks in advance.

gilliesexotics

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi, this is an area some will disagree on. I personally do not keep water in the enclosure for many reasons. It is important in my opinion to soak or bath an adult atleast once a week. This in combined with your veggies will keep your animal hydrated.

If your not able to soak your dragon. This may be something you can do once a week

ravenwolf

Juvenile Dragon
I bath my guys once a week and spray veggies slightly, duel purpose it stops them drying out so quick and gives them a but of extra water :)

TEAMGREEN5252

Bearded Dragon Egg
I keep water dishes in all my enclosures but they rarely ever drink from them...they do drink in the bath every time they hit the water its the first thing they do...and they get a bath at least twice a week.

Latest posts