• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dragons won't eat. For weeks

OfcFriendly809

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have 2 dragons.
One is about 3 years old. The other is almost 2

Neither one will eat. Anything. I've tried force feeding them, and it worked for a little while.
Now they spit it out.

I'm thinking they may have parasites. I've taken them to the vet (useless). Originally it started in the older one. The vet thought it was a bowel obstruction but the X-ray proved otherwise.
I'm thinking it's parasites. But I cannot get a fecal sample to have examined.

What should I do next?

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I would blend up some greens with some coconut water until liquid to get thru a syringe and dribble on their noses see if you can get any down that way so you can get fecals.. as this is the season for them to start brumation and you need to make sure they are free from parasites before allowing them to go to sleep.

OfcFriendly809

Bearded Dragon Egg
It has been months since the older one would eat on his own.
He wasn't loosing much weight though. I'm just recently starting to notice a weight loss. However it isn't rapid.

I will try blending the greens and see what that does

Latest posts