• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dragon's tail turn pale in color

Bread_beardeddragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hallo guys do anyone know what is going on with my dragon's tail? I just got him a week ago and he is about 3.5 months now. I just noticed that his tail starting to turn pale in color yesterday. He is eating good and just gave him a bath on last Sunday. Daily misting in the morning.

Attachments

• IMG_20180110_42523.jpg
    IMG_20180110_42523.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 369
  • IMG_20180110_57656.jpg
    IMG_20180110_57656.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 357
  • IMG_20180110_6904.jpg
    IMG_20180110_6904.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 341
  • IMG_20180110_12514.jpg
    IMG_20180110_12514.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 318

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hallo guys do anyone know what is going on with my dragon's tail? I just got him a week ago and he is about 3.5 months now. I just noticed that his tail starting to turn pale in color yesterday. He is eating good and just gave him a bath on last Sunday. Daily misting in the morning.
Nothing to worry they turn light as they begin to shed

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
No problem that's what we are here for.. They shed alot as babies so you will see this alot

Bread_beardeddragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
you can increase how many baths you do when it's a bit further along it will get really white looking before it starts to lift off..
Ya i can tell it gets more white today. For misting do I need to spray on him? Is it good that if I spray on him because sometimes I did that accidentally?

Bread_beardeddragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
He will go away when i spray him but his face looks kind of funny. I am also wondering why he always spending most of his time laiding on that branch instead of the other spot of the enclosure? He only go basking under the heat lamp after eating for about 10 to 15 mins then he just climb back to that spot again. Is there any thing wrong with him, his favorite spot is right under the uvb lamp which is the highest spot of the branch? He rarely go around the enclosure.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You can mist their entire bodies, just be careful as you mist their head as you don't want to hurt their eyes or spray a strong stream that may hit the very thin layer of cartilage in their ears.. I find bathing more freq during the time that they are shedding is easier and I use a soft toothbrush.

If you have not done so already a vet check should be done to check for parasites if they are not acting normally..especially if they are not basking normally. Also check your temps if he's not wanting to be under the basking light.

Bread_beardeddragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
You can mist their entire bodies, just be careful as you mist their head as you don't want to hurt their eyes or spray a strong stream that may hit the very thin layer of cartilage in their ears.. I find bathing more freq during the time that they are shedding is easier and I use a soft toothbrush.

If you have not done so already a vet check should be done to check for parasites if they are not acting normally..especially if they are not basking normally. Also check your temps if he's not wanting to be under the basking light.

He is acting normal but I am wondering why ue love to climb so much.

I think he is fine. I think he just like that branch so much. He totally acting very normal.

BeardedHippy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Mine like to bask under the uv a lot, its what they need for converting all that calcium needed for skin and bone growth. At your dragons age, he will seem to be in an almost constant state of shed (expect a full shed every 2 weeks), they get a bit more active as well sometimes as they move around to loosen the shedding skin and rub themselves on the tank furniture to get it off. It must be quite an annoying time for them, but I have never needed to assist the process in any way, they manage quite well on their own.

Bread_beardeddragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
I saw him rubbing his head to the branch for two times today. It seem that his head is itching. When I spray him his tail turn more white.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I saw him rubbing his head to the branch for two times today. It seem that his head is itching. When I spray him his tail turn more white.

As the shed becomes more and more white it is closer to being ready to start coming off. They will rub and scratch on anything they can to help get the shed off.. It is important that you do not pick or peel the shed off let them do it themselves, bathing and misting them will help them..It can really hurt them or damage their scales underneath if peeled off if not ready..You can help by gently using a soft toothbrush while in the bath.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
How long it takes to start peel off? Right now is still only the tail is white.
Really varies from dragon to dragon and really even each time they shed can be different...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Latest posts