• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dragons Not Eating??

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Good Morning; I am hoping someone can give me an answer; All my babies are not eating well. 1-meal a day they will eat fairly well and the other they will ignore-WHY?? All temps are 110-hot side 80-85-cool side.the baby eats fairly well and 'Lil' Beauty' yesterday was on the cool side most of the day and ignored her feedings and then ate about 6-pm last night.'Misty the same and she is my best eater-usually will eat me if given chance lol-What is going on.?? I am blaming the weather changes but i'm sure there is a good reason-all pooping proper and active.And i know a couple of days won't hurt them but i am wondering if there is something i am doing wrong as this has never happened before-PS all eating salads and looking for more and all have baths 2-times a week and mistings every 2-days not dehydration, fresh salads 2-daily-ie; collards, bok choy, mustard greens, dandelion, greens can not get turnip greens anywhere in canada.I am seriously thinking roaches as feeders, and i know they are illegal, but a lot using them. HELP GERM:!!!!! Bella-aka-river-7

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I am not sure exactly what your concern is, other than they are not eating as often, but are still eating. If they are eating & pooping, I would not be overly concerned at this time. Their appetites can vary from time to time.

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Thanks Germ; Just worry when they don't eat as i expect them to. I guess they know when their belly is full-Now tonight all ate good, i guess i always had it drummed into me as a child- eat to be well.-bella

Pat B

Super Moderator
aaahhh....I have always gone by the mantra "beardies know what is best for themselves" but oh my they can surely cause you to worry!! :D

LittleMerlin

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Pat that's so true! Jethro has caused me many concerns, especially not eating his veggies, lol. He's just telling me, "I'll get to it when I feel like it." ... my geckos have caused me concern too, though Merlin was legit concerns. She was sick, and I've been giving her meds which have been helping her a lot and I'm hoping her appetite will come back. She's eaten some waxworms but not much anything else. (I feel lucky if she'll eat 2 waxworms).

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Augie; Sometimes it drives me nuts lol-but i try to remember they eat when they want not when we want them too. I got some can grasshoppers to switch up a little bit and see if they would like that and my 2-bigger ones thought they were in heaven.I thought at least it's something in their stomachs besides nothing. And to my surprise they took them and enjoyed them.[1-each] so i guess a little switch up got their appetite going ate a good supper after that.I really didn't think they would eat them as i don't offer anything can. But all is well and a little change for them. I do think they get tired of crix; at times-bella-aka-river-7

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
To clarify why i bought the hoppers =is we are having a storm over here in Canada, and i figured i wanted to have a few supplies on hand in case of being snowed in.Pelletts, hoppers, crix;, salads ect; So all is well and they really like them. I guess with them eating less then i feel is good the hoppers kind of got their appetite going and their eating a little better then they were.And a few worms always help on worm day lol-River-aka-Bella

Latest posts