• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dragon's faves and dislikes?

Asia Lorraine

Hatchling Dragon
So I have not been having a problem feeding my bearded dragon veggies. I just want to know what your beardies favorites and dislikes are so I have some ideas for what I want to try next.
Otto's Faves: Kale, Blueberrys, dandelion greens, green beans and he will tolerate collard greens but not a huge fan.

Dislikes: Acorn Squash, oranges

Pat B

Super Moderator
About the only green that Spike will eat are green beans. The only problem with these are his poops are smelly and sort of runny!!!

sircactuscat

Juvenile Dragon
Good selection of veggies there. Mine mostly likes broccoli, kale, strawberrys, apple, carrot, cabbage, cucumber. Hope that helps.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Fan of turnip greens, collards, mustard greens, dandelion greens (If available), green beans, celery, kale, parsley as a treat, celery leaves, strawberries, red grapes, peaches, apples, banana once in a blue moon, a cucumber once in a blue moon, watermelon, blackberries.

I tried giving her butternut squash that was cooked and she didn't take to it,

Asia Lorraine

Hatchling Dragon
I for sure want to try more greens. I also want to try endive or escarole and I also read that some really like hibiscus flowers.

Kjmov4

Bearded Dragon Egg
My girl really likes kale. She'll also eat green beans, carrots, apples, collard, dandelion and mustard greens, and strawberries sometimes.

On a recommendation from a friend I tried escarole and cilantro I think it was, she was not impressed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Mine goes crazy for superworms too. :) Loves them. I almost forgot to add that. :) Oh yeah, did I mention she likes baby food apple juice? When she was sick, I decided to make apple juice out of baby food applesauce. Well, she liked it. I haven't given her any juice lately.

Jenn_Tigercat

Bearded Dragon Egg
surprisingly enough Devlin has really taken to curly mustard greens she devours them. Won't touch any other fruits though. Loves lobster roaches as well.

NaTasha Brinkley

Juvenile Dragon
I'm still learning what Rocky likes. He's no too into his greens... he'll eat them every once in a while. I've tried escarole, mustard greens, watercress, parsley, celery leaves, cucumbers, grapes, red and green bell peppers, a raspberry, carrots and one turnip greens. He seems to like the leafy stuff (turnip and mustard greens) the most and barely ever touches any of the other veggies and fruits.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Same here. I'm willing to try all the vegetables on the list from beautiful dragons nutritional site. I've tried cactus pad-she didn't like that very much.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have yet to see my beardie eat ANY greens! I have tried many different kinds, but no luck. He still loves his fat crickets! :rolleyes:

Maybe putting something sweet on there like a small sliver of a peach, a small thin sliver of cucumber, or a small sliver of strawberry on the greens. Maybe he'll eat his salad. :)