• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dragons Can Jump!

sonja

Hatchling Dragon
I wanted to mention...baby beardies can jump!! I was watching him tonight just after his lights went out to see what he does cause when I get up in the morning he's always way up on the fake plants sleeping. Well, he jumped a good 4 inches straight up to get to them! I was stunned. I never realized jumping was a trait of dragons! Do adult dragons jump too? I guess this is more reason to make sure those lids are on tight!!

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I wanted to mention...baby beardies can jump!! I was watching him tonight just after his lights went out to see what he does cause when I get up in the morning he's always way up on the fake plants sleeping. Well, he jumped a good 4 inches straight up to get to them! I was stunned. I never realized jumping was a trait of dragons! Do adult dragons jump too? I guess this is more reason to make sure those lids are on tight!!
Not as often or as high. They get lazy. Of course they're stronger when older, so you had better have a secure lid.

sonja

Hatchling Dragon
Hmm...good to know. I see Thistle sometimes thinks he can just walk through the glass. He will spend a minute or two trying to find a way out. I almost feel bad for him cause I know he wants to just run.

jessica domke

Juvenile Dragon
oh certainly!!!!! if i hold a worm towards the top of my beardie's enclosure, he won't hesitate 2 jump 4 it! lol. i had him out 1 time, he wuz just hangin out on my shoulder & decided he wanted 2 go on an adventure & jumped off my shoulder on2 my counter top. scared me, thank goodness he landed on the counter & not the long fall 2 the floor.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes sometimes I swear they think they have wings, have had them think nothing of jumping from my shoulder the +5' to the floor & do the Beardie Belly Flop, luckily without injury.

Zen ReptileZ

Juvenile Dragon
You would be really flabbergasted by their running speed. it took 2 seconds for mine to jet off the deck, through the fence, and into the neighbors wood-pile. It was insane.. Then, I had to be the crazy neighbor digging in the woodpile for my dragon.. LOL! I learned a very very valuable lesson that day. They appear to be low-key lazy animals but they really have us fooled!

jessica domke

Juvenile Dragon
that is
You would be really flabbergasted by their running speed. it took 2 seconds for mine to jet off the deck, through the fence, and into the neighbors wood-pile. It was insane.. Then, I had to be the crazy neighbor digging in the woodpile for my dragon.. LOL! I learned a very very valuable lesson that day. They appear to be low-key lazy animals but they really have us fooled!
oh my lol & that is exactly y i wont just walk outside w/him restin on my shoulder....i need 2 invest in a harness lol

Latest posts