• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dragon unattended

Solucki

Hatchling Dragon
I'm going out of town for the weekend. I haven't been able to find a sitter. What are my options aside from bringing him with me, tank and all. Can he go a few days without eating, (I'm sure this happens occasionally in the wild) or is there some food I can leave out for him, like fill his tank with dubia before I go?

gilliesexotics

Super Moderator
Staff member
Young dragons in the wild rarely go without food. They are hatched during the warm months equaling plentiful bugs and vegetation.

Your dragon is going to be ok. Sparse food intake will result in a small dragon. ;)

Solucki

Hatchling Dragon
Well, I don't really want to leave him alone for long. I gotta visit mom tho. I think I'm gonna leave Saturday evening and be back Sunday night so he'll be fine.

Latest posts