• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dragon super active

Jaker89

Hatchling Dragon
So my dragon has been super active the last 2-3 days. She has been wandering back and forth on the edge of the tank tapping her nose on the glass. Is this normal?

She just pooped, she is eating regularly, and she still continues to do it.

I even took her out and held her for awhile and she still is doing it.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes this can be quite normal, but can also mean other things, I have a couple ?s.
How old is she? Does she try to dig around at all?

Jaker89

Hatchling Dragon
She's a little over a year old. She doesn't try to dig. It's mostly trying to climb up the glass or tapping on it with her nose.

WatfordOleary17

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
2 of mine do this all the time. They also dig in a corner most days. Ive come to terms its normall even if I have one that doesn't do any of it.

joshjack90

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Mine does this whe shes about to lay a cltch of eggs! very normal just keep an eye on her, maybe make her a lay box and put her in there for a few hours and see if you get eggs!

Charley

Hatchling Dragon
Mine does this most of the time- can be a sign of eggs, can be a sign of awesome dragon syndrome. I take mine out and let her run about and she usually settles. Unless it's eggs. Then it's CHAOSSSSSSS. :-D :-D

Jaker89

Hatchling Dragon
She hasn't been around another dragon for over a year so eggs are most likely out of the question. She has calmed down a little but will from time to time pace the cage.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Just an FYI: Whether it has not been around another BD or not, does not rule out the possibility of eggs. Often females will lay infertile clutches, having never been around a male or other Dragons.

Animal lvr

Bearded Dragon Egg
Mine has been doing the same thing for the last 2 days. And bobbing his head at times too. Yesterday I gave him a bath and that settled him down. I thought I read somewhere on this forum that it can be a sign of shedding?

LittleMerlin

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
If female and starts to dig, I'd think maybe she's trying to lay eggs. Jethro does this every now and then. I used to call it his "potty dance", until he continued to do so even after using the restroom. Sometimes I think they do it just because they're restless and it gives them some sort of exercise.

Jaker89

Hatchling Dragon
She has calmed down a ton and now just usually hangs out on her tree or near the edge of the cage closest to my bed watching me.

LittleMerlin

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
That's good, sometimes they just have little energy bursts that they need to get out of their system. ^.^

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
LOL! Allie does that to. She's funny, she'll go under hiding hut and dig it out. Then plop herself down and not lay any eggs. I even tried putting some sand in her tank for her in case she does lay them. I left it in there for the whole day with nothing. She stared at the sand the whole day, turning black. (Didn't even try to dig into her little hut.) After I removed all the sand, she lay in her hut, giving me the evil eye. :)

Jaker89

Hatchling Dragon
Mine loves bath time. It's swimming time for her. My bathtub has a dip in it that is deeper and she always finds her way into the deep end so she can swim around for 20-30 seconds then takes a break. A few minutes later she does it again. She's a great swimmer for being a desert reptile. Lol

Latest posts