• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dragon Stress

Adiryacobi

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello everyone,
Lately my dragon is stressed and less active and hides a lot.
I wanted to know what you guys think of my Tetrium Is there anything to improve? Add something or remove?

WhatsApp Image 2022-04-28 at 23.28.05 (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-04-28 at 23.38.10.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-04-28 at 23.28.05.jpeg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello everyone,
Lately my dragon is stressed and less active and hides a lot.
I wanted to know what you guys think of my Tetrium Is there anything to improve? Add something or remove?

View attachment 32034

View attachment 32035

View attachment 32037
Can you post a pic of your screen please from top view but it looks like its a wide hole type-- you have a good UVB how old is the bulb? I also see I think one probe on the left side of the tank ? for a dragon juvie/ adult you want those temps 95-100 -- cool side 80's and middle of your tank 90's - lighting and surface basking temps are the first thing I go over since they control the overall health and behavior of the dragon - so far it looks good but we need to rule this out for a reason for the behavior-- I would lower the temp on the top down to 100-- I am thinking he does not like the 110 temp -- as dragons get older from babies to juvies they do not like real hot temps - when he does bask what spot does he hang out? lets start there and see how it goes - what is the weather like where you are ?

Adiryacobi

Bearded Dragon Egg
Can you post a pic of your screen please from top view but it looks like its a wide hole type-- you have a good UVB how old is the bulb? I also see I think one probe on the left side of the tank ? for a dragon juvie/ adult you want those temps 95-100 -- cool side 80's and middle of your tank 90's - lighting and surface basking temps are the first thing I go over since they control the overall health and behavior of the dragon - so far it looks good but we need to rule this out for a reason for the behavior-- I would lower the temp on the top down to 100-- I am thinking he does not like the 110 temp -- as dragons get older from babies to juvies they do not like real hot temps - when he does bask what spot does he hang out? lets start there and see how it goes - what is the weather like where you are ?
Okay, first thanks for the comment.

1. I have attached some pictures of the temp of the surface in testing with a gun
2. The dragon is 10 months old and I have 6 months
3. I live in Israel, it's hot here. The temp in room 78F
4. He does not like to keep warm in the tank, I take him out once a day to sun outside.
5. I have an Arcadia T5 Desert lamp 12% 24W, I have it for half a year.

Another question, how do I measure temp? Average between air temperature and surface temperature?

Thanks again for answering.

WhatsApp Image 2022-04-29 at 12.20.37.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-04-29 at 12.20.33.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-04-29 at 12.20.34.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-04-29 at 12.20.35 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-04-29 at 12.20.35.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-04-29 at 12.20.36.jpeg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Okay, first thanks for the comment.

1. I have attached some pictures of the temp of the surface in testing with a gun
2. The dragon is 10 months old and I have 6 months
3. I live in Israel, it's hot here. The temp in room 78F
4. He does not like to keep warm in the tank, I take him out once a day to sun outside.
5. I have an Arcadia T5 Desert lamp 12% 24W, I have it for half a year.

Another question, how do I measure temp? Average between air temperature and surface temperature?

Thanks again for answering.

View attachment 32038
View attachment 32039
View attachment 32040
View attachment 32041
View attachment 32042
View attachment 32043
The 120 w/ the gun is way too hot that is why he is not basking there -- please get that temp down along w/ the 110- you want temps 95-100 what wattage of bulb are you using -- also the temp in the house of 78 is also why your temps in the tank are that high -- a digital probe looks like this https://www.petsmart.com/reptile/en...um-digital-thermometer-14914.html?cgid=500113 you can find them on Amazon or look at your pet stores -- also I would get of those and you might want to get a digital probe hygrometer as well - do you know what the humidity in the tank is? You can find these on Amazon too if your pet stores dont sell them
Optimal humidity is 40-50% nothing under 20 or over 70% -- but you need to work on getting those temps down in the tank - the digital probe thermometers are the most accurate and they will also read ambient temps in the tank - place the probe for surface basking temps on the spot where he would basks wait 10 min or so then get your temp -- when done take the probe and stick it to the side of the tank in the hot side - the other probe place over in your cool side its going to give a air temp there -- I would spot check those temps every 10 days or so the basking bulbs do lose intensity after a while or they burn out --
your UVB is a good bulb --- you need to have it directly over a piece of decor 8-10 inches - w/ that UVB being on the hot side of the tank is fine but is he even coming out to bask??? And for how long is he basking? He doesnt like it in the tank because its too hot -- outside is good it give them good UV rays from the sun - please change the UVB bulb out in approx 5 months - they have a expiration of one year I always recommend one month priot to

Adiryacobi

Bearded Dragon Egg
ה-120 עם האקדח חם מדי וזו הסיבה שהוא לא מתחמם שם -- בבקשה תוריד את הטמפ' עם ה-110- אתה רוצה טמפ' 95-100 באיזה וואט של הנורה אתה משתמש -- גם את הטמפ' ב הבית של 78 הוא גם הסיבה שהטמפרטורות שלך במיכל כל כך גבוהות -- בדיקה דיגיטלית נראית כך https://www.petsmart.com/reptile/environmental-control-and-lighting/humidity-and-temperature-control /zoo-med-reptile-terrarium-digital-thermometer-14914.html?cgid=500113 אתה יכול למצוא אותם באמזון או להסתכל בחנויות החיות שלך -- גם אני הייתי מקבל מהם ואולי תרצה לקנות מד לחות דיגיטלי כמו כן - האם אתה יודע מה הלחות במיכל? אתה יכול למצוא אותם גם באמזון אם חנויות החיות שלך לא מוכרות אותם
לחות אופטימלית היא 40-50% כלום מתחת ל-20 או מעל 70% - אבל אתה צריך לעבוד על הורדת הטמפ' האלה במיכל - מדי החום הדיגיטליים של הבדיקה הם המדויקים ביותר והם גם יקראו את טמפרטורות הסביבה במיכל - מקום הגשש לטמפרטורת חימום פני השטח במקום שבו הוא היה מתבוסס חכה 10 דקות בערך ואז קבל את הטמפ' שלך - בסיום קח את הגשש והדביק אותו לצד המיכל בצד החם - הגשוש השני מניחים את הבדיקה שלך. צד מגניב זה ייתן טמפרטורת אוויר שם -- הייתי בודק נקודתית את הטמפרטורות האלה כל 10 ימים בערך, נורות החימום אכן מאבדות את עוצמתן לאחר זמן מה או שהן נשרפות --
ה-UVB שלך הוא נורה טובה --- אתה צריך לשים אותה ישירות על פיסת עיצוב בגודל 8-10 אינץ' - עם זה ש-UVB בצד החם של המיכל זה בסדר אבל הוא בכלל יוצא להתחמם??? ולכמה זמן הוא מתבוסס? הוא לא אוהב את זה במיכל כי זה חם מדי - בחוץ זה טוב זה נותן להם קרני UV טובות מהשמש - בבקשה להחליף את נורת ה-UVB תוך כ-5 חודשים - יש להם תפוגה של שנה אני תמיד ממליץ על חודש אחד. ל
I'm currently trying to lower the temp in the tank but to no avail. Still in the 110F hot spot.
The 100W heating lamp do you think needs to be weaker?
As for the humidity, on the cold side 35-45%. And on the hot side 15-25%.
The dragon does not go out to warm up just a drop in the morning and that's it. I take it out for an hour a day to sunbathe outside.
In the coming month I will replace it with a new UVB lamp.
I bought a dimmer for a heating lamp, need to get another week maybe more.
Any tips on how to lower the temperature at this time?

In the picture I attached I checked the temp with a digital thermometer, is that a correct test?

Thank yoThank you, you helped me a lot.
WhatsApp Image 2022-04-30 at 00.09.07.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-04-30 at 00.09.07 (1).jpeg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'm currently trying to lower the temp in the tank but to no avail. Still in the 110F hot spot.
The 100W heating lamp do you think needs to be weaker?
As for the humidity, on the cold side 35-45%. And on the hot side 15-25%.
The dragon does not go out to warm up just a drop in the morning and that's it. I take it out for an hour a day to sunbathe outside.
In the coming month I will replace it with a new UVB lamp.
I bought a dimmer for a heating lamp, need to get another week maybe more.
Any tips on how to lower the temperature at this time?

In the picture I attached I checked the temp with a digital thermometer, is that a correct test?

Thank yoThank you, you helped me a lot.View attachment 32046View attachment 32045
Change the basking bulb out to a 75 watt and then get your temp -- what is the distance from the UVB to the piece of decor under it? W / it being on top it needs to be 8-10 inches -- you can try the dimmer when it comes in but you want that temp turned down -- this would be a good reason for the stress marks and you want him basking

Adiryacobi

Bearded Dragon Egg
Change the basking bulb out to a 75 watt and then get your temp -- what is the distance from the UVB to the piece of decor under it? W / it being on top it needs to be 8-10 inches -- you can try the dimmer when it comes in but you want that temp turned down -- this would be a good reason for the stress marks and you want him basking
I will replace the heating lamp is really very powerful.
The distance of the UVB is 11-15 inches.
I have an Arcadia Desert 12% T5 lamp.
Maybe to replace the lamp for T5 HO ReptiSun 10.0?

Thank you.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I will replace the heating lamp is really very powerful.
The distance of the UVB is 11-15 inches.
I have an Arcadia Desert 12% T5 lamp.
Maybe to replace the lamp for T5 HO ReptiSun 10.0?

Thank you.
I would keep the Arcadia bulb they are really good bulbs - the Reptisun is good too but for now keep your Arcadia - those two are most often recommended on the forums I visit - as far as the UVB try and get it down to 8-10 inches since its on the screen - use one of your pieces of decor to do that - get your lighting and temps adjusted and then let me know what hes doing after a few days --

Latest posts