• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dragon stopped eating?

NeoMc

Hatchling Dragon
Recently my 9-month-old bearded dragon has just about stopped eating. Every 2-3 days I can find something he will nibble at, but not with the same appetite he used to have. He hasn't changed much "habit-wise," still poops (looks normal), and still basks in the morning and begs to come out and play in the evening.

He has been a picky eater since I got him, and at this current moment, the only two things he will actually eat are squash and banana. I'm used to him ignoring things such as blueberries and strawberries, in fact he loved carrots when he was younger. He has up until now mowed down Phoenix Worms and crickets, usually around 15-20 per day. That's why I'm a bit worried now, especially since he only has had a little bit of banana in the last few days.

He also seems to have so much fun being out of his tank, he never wants to be in it. The second I open my bedroom door, he hops down and starts glass surfing at me until I take him out for at least an hour. His beard is never black and when I bring him out, all he does is RUN AWAY AND JUMP OFF OF STUFF! He even gave himself a cut on his back foot as a result of his craziness.

Should I be worried? YouTube is full of videos of dragons mowing down plates of strawberries, blueberries, collard greens, etc. Rex doesn't even smell them.

20190320_110910.jpg

Latest posts