• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dragon stopped eating!?

Briana Rose

Bearded Dragon Egg
My juvenile bearded dragon stopped eating two days ago!?
I usually watch him eat to make sure he eats everything and nothing escapes the food bowl when I'm not paying attention, but the past two days he hasn't eaten anything! :^(
He bites food but then lets it get away as if he isn't really hungry!?

He eats large meal worms and crickets usually, and two days ago he ate some leaves for the first time and then stopped eating! :(
I am scared that the leaves from the bell pepper plant got him sick!?!?!?

SmaugMommy

Bearded Dragon Egg
Sometimes beardies stop eating before they go into brumation (sort of like hibernation). Not all beardies brumate, but many do. How big is your beardie? Apparently once they hit a certain size, they might start to brumate for the first time. Especially since it is the winter season, this might be the case with your beardie.

Since it’s only been a couple days, I wouldn’t worry too much. Keep us updated.

Latest posts