• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dragon Puffing his beard and moving weirdly?

Scout

Hatchling Dragon
So, like 5 minutes ago my dragon was sitting on his rock basking, then he started making weird motions and jerking his head upwardly, and puffing his beard. He wasn't threatened or head bobbing, as I know what he looks like when he does this. He also wriggled around opened his mouth. Any idea what these weird movements could be?

LJZONUM

Bearded Dragon Egg
My guy has done the same thing. He’s 7 months old now and I first noticed it maybe 1-2 months ago. He did this for maybe 1-3 minutes at a time. Looked uncomfortable! Just from the bearded dragon research I had done, I assumed it’s his body’s way of learning how to “beard”, and not seen anything adverse to give me concern then or since.